Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

A.H. Award Plaque

Article about: Joe - I got this plaque some 20+ years ago from the son, I should have asked questions at that time but I didnt as I had no idea at the time of what it was. Thanks for the heads up on the Al

?

Default A.H. Award Plaque

Very rare award plaque presented by Adolf Hitler himself to 500 Old Fighters in Gau Dusseldorf prerequisite was a Gold Party Badge awardee. These awards are far rarer than either the Gold Party badge or Blood Orden - I received mine from the son of the receiver along with some other items. while living in Germany This one is number 157 which is reflected on the rear of the Plaque - I would presume that somewhere there must be records reflecting their issue etc. I did see one years ago in Herman Historica auction but cant remember the number or auction value.
    Would appreciate any info from forum members if available -

Translation of Plaque: THE OLD GUARD ," For loyal struggle in honor of Adolf Hitler" - NSDAP Gau Dusseldorf..

Danke

Horst
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A.H. Award Plaque   A.H. Award Plaque  

"He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A.H. Award Plaque
    P
    Many

Default Re: A.H. Award Plaque

Sweeeeeeeeeet! Lucky guy!

?

Anyone else have one or have any additional input relative to this Plaque

Horst

?

the Eagle and wreath look great! nice Plaque

?

Glad someone liked it - Rare and seldom seen -

Horst

very nice plaque !

Awesome , so rare , cheers Raymond

Horst, is it medallion size or what? The thing protruding from the top is? I find it interesting that a medallion presented by the Fuhrer would have a Christian Cross on it. Or perhaps the cross was used just to symbolize death? No urkunde with it Horst? There are many items rarer than the BO or GPB, just not as desired. The Alten Garde could be an entire collecting area itself, what with its own flag and such. Excellent historical piece Horst.

?

Great questions - the sixe is approx 7" X 4" - the thing protruding from the top is a hanging device - as to the cross, this is a reflection of the Schlageter monument erected by the Nazis in 1933, to honor Alber Leo Schlageter who was executed by the french in 1923 while engaged in sabotage during the french occupation of the Ruhr(SAAR), he was a member of the NSDAP.
    The monument was erected in the Golzheimer Heide near "Dusseldorf", Germany.

You will find this cross/memorial also on the "Schlageter memorial Badge initiated for wear by the Feikorps and authorized for wear on the party uniforms up till 1935

Horst

Ach, I should have recognized the Schlageter Horst. Perhaps you will find an elusive Gau history for Dusseldorf that might contain the names of the Alte Garde. Other Gaues published such books. I found some years ago an interesting book on an Alte Garde tour through Gau Hesse-Nassau. It was quite a production with the Alte Garde being ferried around in Omnibusses and on a steamer on the Rhine. Crowds greated them in every town. It mentions that 550 members of the Alte Garde were at the opening ceremonies.

Joe

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast