Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

HELP IS IT REAL Third Reich Desk Eagle

Article about: Hello Can anyone help me identify if these two Nazi Party Eagles are real?

Quality of wreath and base causes me to have doubts on first one, would need more pics. The second looks to be a pre-1945 piece, I like it. Jay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELP IS IT REAL Third Reich Desk Eagle
    P
    Many

I prefer the 2nd one.nice bird.

Hi, i don't know about the first one but i had the second one in my hands and took it to a famous foundry and also to a museum here in my home town to be told very very quickly that it was a recast. No chances that this fake Nuremberg eagle would have been cast in the 30's...sorry for the bas news but just looking at the patina it comes very obvious to me.

?

Not my area but the first ones beak is more curled, wing tops are more rounded and the internal feathers details are not as nice or finely sculpted. I agree the second bird with patina has a chance but I think the first bird posted is a post war piece as other feel. I used to cast & sculpt items myself and it just does not have the same feel, quality and look as the other bird. Only my opinion.
    Last edited by Rossi; 06-06-2017 at 04:21 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Hi, i don't know about the first one but i had the second one in my hands and took it to a famous foundry and also to a museum here in my home town to be told very very quickly that it was a recast. No chances that this fake Nuremberg eagle would have been cast in the 30's...sorry for the bas news but just looking at the patina it comes very obvious to me.- Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke is spot on. The first eagle is a text book example of a period manufactured Nuremberg Eagle. The second eagle is a post war 'Estate Cast' eagle by Kurt Schmid-Ehmen or a copy of one, hard to believe but even these post war KSE Estate Cast birds are being copied now in bronze with a fake patina added, usually the auction house or seller will state that eagles like this are 'in the style of' a KSE Nuremberg eagle rather than claiming that they are a period piece,

Cheers,
    Michael

According to the period catalogs, the first bird posted was for sale in 1939 and could be purchased mounted on either an "Eichenholzsaule" or "Serpentinstein" base.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP IS IT REAL Third Reich Desk Eagle  

?

Question: Do The 1st birds feathers and detail Look less crisp or lacking detail as the photo of the Eagle from the catalog you posted. Would sure be nice to have bird in hand and the nice big catalog photo for reference in front of you for a scoped analysis. By the way thanks for posting the catalog photo.

In looking overall on inner detail of wings / feathers the first eagle it's seems the number of rows of feathers differs slightly as well I believe from your catalog photo. Now we're there different artists moulds created I am not certain. Maybe it is he same Eagle? Very well could be that is the case. The catalog photo is tough to see so I could be mistaken as well in my analysis.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

second one looks nicer in my opinion...which is just based solely on my opinion and in no way a proclamation of anything outside of my opinion

In looking overall on inner detail of wings / feathers the first eagle it's seems the number of rows of feathers differs slightly as well I believe from your catalog photo. Now we're there different artists moulds created I am not certain. Maybe it is he same Eagle? Very well could be that is the case. The catalog photo is tough to see so I could be mistaken as well in my analysis. Rossi
    Hi Rossi, I have the catalog in hand and am comparing the features and counting the feathers- it's the same bird. I agree with Cessna77 though that the second bird looks nicer, I was just commenting on which one was original to the period,

Cheers,
    Michael

Eichenholzsaule version
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP IS IT REAL Third Reich Desk Eagle  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast