Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with stupid porcelain ?

Article about: Being aware they exist, where does one go to buy repro/fantasy type items of porcelain or china ?? And buy them as copies/fantasy pieces with cost reflecting that. Something with exterior em

Default Help with stupid porcelain ?

Being aware they exist, where does one go to buy repro/fantasy type items of porcelain or china ??

And buy them as copies/fantasy pieces with cost reflecting that.

Something with exterior emblem of some type, in particular a coffee pot, creamer, sugar

Those I see the seller (of course) tries to sell as period for 10x their worth even if were real (SS, DRK, Polizei, etc)

They come from SOMEWHERE manufactured by individuals who make them to SELL ? I doubt who makes them is ever the retailer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with stupid porcelain ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help with stupid porcelain ?

Well, most fakes are actually a period items, just the markings are fake. So if You want to buy for example 100 SS Reich marked coffee pots I belive nobody has such quantity for sell.

?

Ask Snyder

Sometimes, if you are lucky, you can stumble across various stuff on re-enactor sites or replica sites, but for the most part, these things are made Specifically to sell to dupe the suckers out of their money thinking they are buying the genuine deal, so you won't generally find much that is openly being sold as a replica-not when there's tons more money to be made selling to victims.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Actually I do not see any good reason to fake III Reich plates jet because there are still very many originals on the market. And to fake a porcellan cup or plate is not so easy task at all, you need period machines to do it propperly. I belive price will be much higher than the originals cost.

I do not belive it is such a big problem - most of fakes are so bad that even a child can understand they are not real. But there are also some very good examples, like the A.H. "tea cup" we have discussed here recently. These items fooled here also some serious collectors and there are still not a 100% agreement that these items are 100% fake. Or my SS. Art. Abt. porcelan award - still not a guarantee if it is a fake or if it is a real thing. And if it is a fake, who made it and when...

Quote by Scout View Post
    Ask Snyder
    He sells as "real", and even then beyond insane

But I see sets and individual pieces, some maybe a copy of something that could have existed, others obvious fantasy

Just looking for a coffee pot, creamer, sugar with motif/emblem for when colleagues visit

coffee cups I have made at wallgreens !!
    Last edited by Mark C Yerger; 03-31-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Well, it is always hard to get the complete lot with the same markings. I also collect III Reich porcellan and it is easier to get 10 plates with the same markings than 2 cups and plates with the same markings. And coffee pots are 3,25 liter! I just got 2 - on Reichsarbeitdienst and another denazified Luftwaffe.