Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help wanted with iron garden gate?

Article about: Hello Everyone can anyone help me identify this iron gate ? it is roughly 31 x 9,5 inches. Can this be german third reich? found it a a flea market strange that the swastika is at 90 degrees

Default Help wanted with iron garden gate?

Hello Everyone
    can anyone help me identify this iron gate ?
    it is roughly 31 x 9,5 inches.
    Can this be german third reich?
    found it a a flea market
    strange that the swastika is at 90 degrees and not canted, also the arms of the swastika are not even in size.
    please tell me what you think of this piece.
    did someone ever seen this before? and could it be a real third reich piece.........
    Thanks in advance
    Jerry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help wanted with iron garden gate?
    P
    Many

Hello nailhead welcome to the forum. It is a curious piece. I m skeptical of it being TR era and unfortunately even if it were I can t imagine anyone being able to authenticate it. It was certainly not mass produced as it looks somewhat crudely constructed. The upper right arm of the swas where it intersects with the circle looks recently welded to me as a blued hear effect zone is visible, also all the welds in general look shiny/new. Certainly if a period piece, to have the appearance it does it would have been cleaned and most cleaning operations I can think of; even an acid bath would remove these attributes. I wish I was more optimistic but imo a recently constructed piece, perhaps Asian/Indian folk art (good luck symbol). JMO. Kindest regards.

Brian