Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Herman Goring cigar ashtray

Article about: I am considering buying this Herman Goering ashtray. I would appreciate everyone's opinions on it. It seems to be very high quality. Thanks

Default Herman Goring cigar ashtray

I am considering buying this Herman Goering ashtray. I would appreciate everyone's opinions on it. It seems to be very high quality.
    Thanks

Herman Goring cigar ashtrayHerman Goring cigar ashtrayHerman Goring cigar ashtrayHerman Goring cigar ashtrayHerman Goring cigar ashtrayHerman Goring cigar ashtrayHerman Goring cigar ashtray

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Herman Goring cigar ashtray
    P
    Many

Looks like the genuine article. I recall a grouping of Goring items taken from his treasure train in the Obersalzburg that had a very similar item.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Actually, I like it too. I'm not seeing anything amiss or out of place with it. Hopefully, it's not the price of a new Rolls Royce...?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Here's what appears to be some nice confirmation. It seems to be a part of his 50th birthday presentation service from the Sevres factory.

Reichsmarschall Stock Photos & Reichsmarschall Stock Images - Alamy

A similar size and shaped salt cellar realised a price of 480 Euro's in one of Hermann-Historica's auctions back in 2013.

https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...xt&prev=search

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you everyone for you responses. They were very helpful. I also did some more research, and it seems a huge set of porceline like this was made for Herman Goring on his 50th birthday. I am also happy to say that I was able to win this item for a reasonable price in an auction today.
    Thanks again everyone