MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Herman Goring forks

Article about: Hi all... Recently I have bought two forks from an auction house, expected to be from the estate or Herman Goring. Both forks are marked with the personal Goering sign and one has other mark

?

Default Herman Goring forks

Hi all...
    Recently I have bought two forks from an auction house, expected to be from the estate or Herman Goring. Both forks are marked with the personal Goering sign and one has other marks like a silver mark. On auction house tested both forks positive for silver.

Can anyone determine if the forks are expected to be genuine?
    I did some investigation myself but I could not determine if these forks / marks are real or fake...

Thanks in advance.
    Rob

Herman Goring forksHerman Goring forksHerman Goring forksHerman Goring forksHerman Goring forks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Herman Goring forks
    P
    Many

The heraldic crest looks a little too crude top grace the table at Carinhall. They may be silver, but I'm not sure they are from Göring.

I agree Blackcat, crude shield jumps out at you. not what you would expect from a top class cutler.

MAP
    ?

I don't study these...but to add detail to the comments above. The engraving is not symmetrical. In the last photo, look how the right side does not curve nearly as much as the left.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I would agree with the above comments. Get a refund.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Original!

CBH
    ?

Quote by saxwald View Post
    Original!
    Can you back up that statement ???

I compared them to the cutlery of a friend. From HG there are different cutlery variants.

Default NEED HELP! is this plate authentic?

helllo All,

I have offered this plate but I dont know, if it is original because I have never seen the coat in arms engraved.

it has recently been offered at the auction of Hermann Historica of germany wich sold last november some stuff from Goring.

I their someone who can telle me, either it is original and authentic?

kind rergards,
    Herman Goring forks
    Herman Goring forks
    Herman Goring forks
    Herman Goring forks
    Herman Goring forks

You pay your money and you take a chance. Who really would know without period documentation? But looking at that engraving, very clean, no burrs from wear over 75 years, I would need some convincing it was not a recent addition to that plate. You need to understand there is a virtual industry of people who buy silverware from the 1930's era and add on Nazi era symbols and try to pass them off as authentic. If you are going to collect such items you need to demand provenance and documentation or walk away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast