Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Himmler's cigarette dispenser??

Article about: The story goes: My father obtained this item from Himmler's home towards the end of WWII. He served in Germany after the war policing the area with his platoon. One day they made camp in Him

?

Default Himmler's cigarette dispenser??

The story goes:
    My father obtained this item from Himmler's home towards the end of WWII. He served in Germany after the war policing the area with his platoon. One day they made camp in Himmler's home in Waldurn Germany. Any way, Himmler just left the home in a big hurry not too long before my father's platoon arrived. Nearly everything Himmler owned in that house was still there. So my father and his buddies collected items as souvenirs. One of the items my father got is the cigarette box seen below. My research indicates this item was probably given to Himmler by Goebles as a gift when Himmler became a Reichsfuhrer in 1939. Even if two people hated each other, as in this case, gifts were still traditionally given, regardless of the individual's personal feelings for one another, when rank achievement was made. A wooden cigarette dispenser. Inscription on inside reads;

"Mach Den Reichsfuhrer SS Himmler J. Goebbels 1939 Saarbrucken"

Himmler's cigarette dispenser??Himmler's cigarette dispenser??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler's cigarette dispenser??
    P
    Many

There is a classified section where things can be sold but don't expect a buyer in a hurry for this "inexpensive" Item.

?

A typical tourist quality piece of treen with a bogus inscription that was apparently done by a poorly trained monkey and a soldering iron. That dedication is appalling!

A nice story but of course, completely made up!

Thank you for posting though, interesting to see just what depths people will go to to scam others of their money!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Alikat - I have edited your post. If you wish to sell an item, please do so in the classified section.

An unusual piece that needs some provenance if you are to authenticate it. A picture of it next to Himmler would be your best bet. Otherwise, I wouldn't get too excited about an item that has been inscribed by, what looks like, a small child with a hot stick.

?

I don't think Al is selling it!

Just posting the story for interest!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

He's not?? Damn....I was hoping to pick Up this treasure....it would have looked great next to the Goring girdle I found earlier..... Yet Another once in a lifetime opportunity lost.....sigh..
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by alikat View Post
    One day they made camp in Himmler's home in Waldurn Germany. Any way, Himmler just left the home in a big hurry not too long before my father's platoon arrived. Nearly everything Himmler owned in that house was still there. So my father and his buddies collected items as souvenirs. One of the items my father got is the cigarette box seen below. My research indicates this item was probably given to Himmler by Goebles as a gift when Himmler became a Reichsfuhrer in 1939. Even if two people hated each other, as in this case, gifts were still traditionally given, regardless of the individual's personal feelings for one another, when rank achievement was made.
    As for research: Himmler became RFSS in 1929, there is no place called Waldurn, Himmler never had a home in any similiar-sounding location and he was nowhere near his home at the end of the war anyway.

Otherwise, what Adrian said.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    As for research: Himmler became RFSS in 1929, there is no place called Waldurn, Himmler never had a home in any similiar-sounding location and he was nowhere near his home at the end of the war anyway.

Otherwise, what Adrian said.
    Thanks for the info Andreas
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

there should be chickens in front of the cabin...not a dog

I think this is another creation from the RZM brothers.
    Attached Images Attached Images Himmler's cigarette dispenser?? 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

If I was raiding Himmlers house after he just ran out this wooden toy house would be the last thing I would nick out of his house. Please dont tell me this is all your dad took! Im waiting to see the real intersting stuff that came out, like uniforms, medals, paintings, table ware with HH initials, his spectacles (as he forgot those in his hurry and was only wearing a WH uniform and an eye patch when he got nicked). Please post the good items now.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast