Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Himmler's cyanide capsule holder?

Article about: Im at a gun show this morning and saw this. The story goes is that it's Himmler's cyanide capsule holder supposedly taken at the scene of his death.. The interesting thing is that it's not f

The SS ones go well with the 'ARBEIT' ones next to them

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler's cyanide capsule holder?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Im keeping my mouth shut. God knows how much he paid for this stuff.
    Very wise. If its not for sale and He believes it is genuine then every one is happy lol

Known fake for many years, a cat will put a not for sale up on occasion to lure an agressive buyer into paying more as people want what they cant have. Silverware is horrible and market is flooded with that crap.

These silly things show up on a regular basis all the time for the last several decades. Personally, I don't believe there were ever actual real ones at all...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    These silly things show up on a regular basis all the time for the last several decades. Personally, I don't believe there were ever actual real ones at all...
    I think one of the old school authors showed one in a book at one time, I forget what the " Provenance was " but if I recall it was a modified piece of rifle brass. Cant say I would believe any of it and certianly would not be presentation high grade suicide capsule containers. Even if they were uniform I cannot imagine much ado.

MAP
    ?

I have seen one recently on TV when I was watching the documentary on the Nuremberg trials. I think it was a original newsreel picture of the one Goring had.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here is a pic of himmler's original..Himmler's cyanide capsule holder?

Looks like the opening with the thread is a lot thinner than the pic I posted this morning.

MAP
    ?

Agree with Ajax. The ones on the market are rubbish. But they did exist as your photo shows and the one I saw for Goring.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree.. Thread diameter is way off.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast