Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hip Flask, Thoughts, Real? Repro?

Article about: I would like some thoughts on this WW2 German Hip Flask. Eagle, Tank and enamel Swastika on front and "Deutschland uber ales", DRP, 1939/2181 inscription and stamps on rear. Though

?

Default Hip Flask, Thoughts, Real? Repro?

I would like some thoughts on this WW2 German Hip Flask. Eagle, Tank and enamel Swastika on front and "Deutschland uber ales", DRP, 1939/2181 inscription and stamps on rear.
    Thoughts as to authenticity, repro are welcome.

Hip Flask, Thoughts, Real? Repro?Hip Flask, Thoughts, Real? Repro?Hip Flask, Thoughts, Real? Repro?Hip Flask, Thoughts, Real? Repro?Hip Flask, Thoughts, Real? Repro?Hip Flask, Thoughts, Real? Repro?Hip Flask, Thoughts, Real? Repro?Hip Flask, Thoughts, Real? Repro?Hip Flask, Thoughts, Real? Repro?Hip Flask, Thoughts, Real? Repro?Hip Flask, Thoughts, Real? Repro?Hip Flask, Thoughts, Real? Repro?Hip Flask, Thoughts, Real? Repro?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hip Flask, Thoughts, Real? Repro?
    P
    Many

?

Way over the top a Post 45 nightmare

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

All sorts of things like this come out of Eastern Europe, where they're sold at flea markets to ignorant tourists. Thus the massive overuse of Third Reich symbols, intended to overexcite and encourage a spur of the moment purchase.

A shame, as this was probably an original vintage flask before it was plastered with fake tat. It is now worthless to both militaria collectors and to collectors of vintage hip flasks, if such people exist.

B.B.

?

I suspected as much. But wasn’t sure.
    Thanks for the explanation.

TWS
    ?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    All sorts of things like this come out of Eastern Europe, where they're sold at flea markets to ignorant tourists. Thus the massive overuse of Third Reich symbols, intended to overexcite and encourage a spur of the moment purchase.

B.B.
    Agree. Like those recent identity booklets coming out that are so over the top they are actually comical.

MAP
    ?

Well, I can say this.

It is a real hip flask!

Last edited by MAP; 08-19-2018 at 05:11 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A rather practical item, for after looking at that, I really need a drink.

?

Thanks for your help. Does anyone have a “good” original German WW2 hip flask that they can post, to compare?

CBH
    ?

There is no such thing as an Original German WW2 flask, or cigarette case, or many of the other Tarted up personal items that appear on this forum.
    As these items are private purchase with no military connection, 99% are postwar fakes, take an old silver-plate item stick on a swastika and charge three times as much.
    I'd suggest sticking to issue items, not these postwar fantasy items which pollute the market.

Poland