Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler bust

Article about: Default Adolf Hitler bronze bust, original? Dear Friends, a seller has offered me this bronze bust of Hitler. I have many doubts about its originality, I think it's a fake. I need your opini

dandy
    ?

Default Hitler bust

Default Adolf Hitler bronze bust, original?
    Dear Friends, a seller has offered me this bronze bust of Hitler. I have many doubts about its originality, I think it's a fake. I need your opinions, original or fake?.

measures 17 cm high Hitler bust
    Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler bust  
    Attached Images Attached Images Hitler bust  Hitler bust 

2. # ADS

Seeing as these varied greatly in quality during the period I'd be hard pressed really saying either way--- I do think, however, that this Schmidt-Hofer type of bust was indeed produced during the period but I'm not really sure what signifies an original of this type, except for probably higher quality and detail compared to repros. The makers signature is very faint though.

No expert but it's a lot better than others i've seen!...

Not one for me I'm afraid.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

No,no, no.

Would be nice if someone can point out the seemingly obvious pointers to this being a fake...

Without giving away the store to creeps who adapt their methods based on information they too read on internet forums the piece just does not work. First of all Schmidt Hofer worked in bronze and in various alloys. Bronze during wartime is possible but rare as they needed it for the effort. So that gives you from approx. 1932-1939 fro a bronze propaganda piece of this type. Now they used alloys even early and the Germans were using those long before most others so if it were an alloy your date range would be wider until you get to the cast. This one is bronze apparently so your looking at a 7 year window approx. and it is no where near what it should and these are heavily faked. The cast, signature, intentional patina, and the whole piece is wont make it and even if it were wartime where you can account for some flaws to a certain degree this piece over shoots that acceptable level or standard. Save your money.

Thank you for clarifying your initial response! This way things are learned and buying fakes perhaps avoided, this even with some actual reasoning behind it --- plus it's always important to have at least some detail as to why one item is fake and the other, seemingly similar one, is not.

Seems like the main thing here is detail --- I agree with you about not teaching the fakers what's right or wrong in many cases but I'm guessing that these are already sculpted/cast from original examples so in many ways it's already to late imo (with fakers already having access to originals or similar I mean).

In other words; I think the obvious flaws and lack of detail is not due to fakers not actually being able to do the repro better but rather because they have limited resources and/or know that higher detail really isn't worth it due to people buying uneducated and blindly anyway. That's why I feel it's better to educate collectors, share info, learning them how to avoid getting burnt instead of withholding information out of fear of pointing out where the fakers can improve... maybe I'm underrating the fakers forum activity... I don't know. I see the dilemma for sure though.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Thank you for clarifying your initial response! This way things are learned and buying fakes perhaps avoided, this even with some actual reasoning behind it --- plus it's always important to have at least some detail as to why one item is fake and the other, seemingly similar one, is not.

Seems like the main thing here is detail --- I agree with you about not teaching the fakers what's right or wrong in many cases but I'm guessing that these are already sculpted/cast from original examples so in many ways it's already to late imo (with fakers already having access to originals or similar I mean).

In other words; I think the obvious flaws and lack of detail is not due to fakers not actually being able to do the repro better but rather because they have limited resources and/or know that higher detail really isn't worth it due to people buying uneducated and blindly anyway. That's why I feel it's better to educate collectors, share info, learning them how to avoid getting burnt instead of withholding information out of fear of pointing out where the fakers can improve... maybe I'm underrating the fakers forum activity... I don't know. I see the dilemma for sure though.
    I have seen fakers move fairly quick off comments, you might be surprised. Often good pieces of the period are knocked over detail and " what is expected " of our German perfectionist freinds. Their not that perfect really nor were they at the time. Like anything else you need to be armed with information and a lot of it is not out there and for good reason in some cases. If I were to go down a list, chances are they would change what they do and the same go's for other items that I know nothing about. I will say this though, if you see a real one your going to know right away. I cant recall if I have encountered an original of this model to be honest but there are better attempts.

dandy
    ?

Thanks for info!How much cost this copy?The seller wants just 60$.....This normal price?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast