Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hitler bust

Article about: Default Adolf Hitler bronze bust, original? Dear Friends, a seller has offered me this bronze bust of Hitler. I have many doubts about its originality, I think it's a fake. I need your opini

I have been a bit "confused" by these Schmidt-Hofer busts in the past myself... I actually created a thread on these a few years back. Not really sure if I have ever seen a provable original either. I think I might have seen one on WAF that was discussed and deemed original but these are definitely out there in numbers, mostly fakes/repros I guess. And, of course, like you said, knocking an item over quality alone is not a foolproof way of evaluating items like these at all. There were surely countless different manufacturers and artists during the period that created Hitler busts, all with vastly varying degrees of skill and production quality.

In many ways I feel that these smaller and, back then, probably less expensive types are harder to "authenticate" due to varying quality of these during the period. Looking at it this way makes me more comfortable with the bigger expensive ones as these are usually cast from well known originals with a very high degree of detail and quality etc. I have one that is a 1 1/2 - 2 times lifesize by Walther Wolff and, imo, there's definitely no mistaking originals of this kind from the repro casts out there!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler bust
    P
    Many

Quote by dandy View Post
    Thanks for info!How much cost this copy?The seller wants just 60$.....This normal price?
    I have no idea --- for me it's not a particularly good looking bust either so I wouldn't be considering one in the first place -- especially not a repro. Why not save up $300-400 and get yourself a nice smaller sized original? They are out there through various dealers/sellers. Just a thought.

For 60.00 your fine, and a cheap,way for a decent display piece and nothing wrong with that at all. Some guy list these for 600.00 or more as originals. If it makes you happy by all means fair.

good comment from Ajax.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2