Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hitler Bust from Berlin

Article about: G'day all, I have a nice new addition for my Berlin collection, a small hitler bust which was found in Berlin! It is in semi relic condition and had been painted black post war but I have re

?

I especially like the piercing in Hitlers ear for an earing.

I think it is cast from zinc from the appearance of the metal. Nice find.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Bust from Berlin
    P
    Many

Nice score for sure, congratulations! Any interesting info or clues as to its original location in Berlin?
    cheers, Glenn

MAP
    ?

A little late to the party here Dave. But agree with everyone else. A nice one and a good addition to your area of focus.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Super item - have you got any pictures of it in your collection? Would love to see it in a display!!

Thank you, Glen.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Nice score for sure, congratulations! Any interesting info or clues as to its original location in Berlin?
    cheers, Glenn
    Thanks Glenn! As for exactly where in Berlin it came from, I'm still trying to find out. The bloke I got it from is the same fella I get most of my Berlin gear from and he was not quite sure where in the city this piece came from but he is trying to find out for me. I like it anyway and am happy to know that it's from Berlin but I would love to know exactly where in the city it was found. As soon as I get any news on this I'll post it here mate.

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    Super item - have you got any pictures of it in your collection? Would love to see it in a display!!

Thank you, Glen.
    G'day Glen, mate I haven't got it in my display yet but I have an idea of where I'll put it. I'm waiting for some acrylic rod to set it up at the moment, I'll post some pics when I get it displayed properly mate.

....And here is the bust mounted on the acrylic display stand I made for it. Not too sure on the little eagle in front of it though, might rethink that, looks a bit too much like a shrine to the bastard and that's not what I want. In any case, I'm happy with the way the bust looks on the acrylic stand.Hitler Bust from BerlinHitler Bust from BerlinHitler Bust from Berlin

That display looks really nice! To "set it all off" a bit more perhaps some NS cloth (small flag or similar) draped over the acrylic table would do the trick? I think some color would accentuate the pieces in there even more --- Just a suggestion.

Either way, as noted; nice, clean and classy display!

btw: I've always thought the photo below would make for a nice display backdrop for a Berlin recovered bust (having thought over this before seeing as I have one out of there myself)

Hitler Bust from Berlin

I'd look at putting a small flag in there but I would need to know that it came from Berlin, everything else I have in there is from Berlin so I'd want any flag to be from that city as well. I'd also prefer a damaged relic condition flag, I like the idea of the display reflecting the destruction of hitlers empire. I actually have 2 relic party badges that were found on the Chancellery site so I'll look at getting them in there too.

I have quite a few pics like the one you've posted which I've been going through to come up with one that'll look good as display backdrop, again these pics appeal to me because they demean hitler and represent the end of his Reich.

?

Very cool, Nice addition

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast