Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Total rubbish...
    Agree garbage fantasy rubbish
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Default Re: Hitler bust with stamp info please

oh dont worry, its not bad news, I will put up(if anyone is interested) what the stamp says when I get a minute and a ink pad lol, just a curious item with a bit of age, I've never seen one before, thought you guys were the best to ask, I've put it on ebay anyway as its no good to me, just a curious item , any comments appreciated.

Fourth Reich Garbage......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

Please do not sell this on eBay as a original Thrid reich item! I beg of you. There is enough scammers on there already. I'm not saying you would do this, just hate how eBay become a place for people to pawn off there fakes to other uneducated collectors. Once agian I'm not saying you would do this, just seems to happen on that site a lot. Karma is a....

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Please do not sell this on eBay as a original Thrid reich item! I beg of you. There is enough scammers on there already. I'm not saying you would do this, just hate how eBay become a place for people to pawn off there fakes to other uneducated collectors. Once agian I'm not saying you would do this, just seems to happen on that site a lot. Karma is a....
    Doesn't matter anyway seeing as it won't last a heartbeat on eBay as they will remove it for being 'offensive'
    Thanks, Glen.

there is a few of these doing the auction rounds !!

gave me a good laugh.

Could only be more obvious as crap if I had seen the back of the horse at the time.

All said, this piece presents an interesting dichotomy. On one hand, one must admit that whoever made it went to a lot of work and does exhibit some creative talent and metal-working skill. Eventhough the photo is slightly out of focus, the letters on the Stempel appear crisp and sharp. It would be interesting to see what is written there. On the other hand, whoever created this piece made absurdly stupid mistakes, the backward swastika being the most evident. And to my eye the representation of Hitler is very poor and looks like someone trying to impersonate him and doing a very poor job of it. And, of course, there is the problem that anything like this was not permitted during the NS period. Higher definition photos would allow us to more accurately judge the level of craftmanship, but at this point, it looks like a fairly good job. If this were a high school metal shop project, the student would probably get an A. But if this were a high school history project, he would certainly get an F. I'm with harryamb2, whatever its qualities or faults, it's good for a laugh. Thanks for posting it tweeds. Dwight

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast