Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Honor plaques for horse breeding

Article about: Hello, I don't think I've shown these items on this forum before but figured some of you might find some interest in these pieces. I haven't seen many of these items at all, and if anyone ha

?

Default Re: Honor plaques for horse breeding

Hello,
    Horst thanks for that info. Any time I have done a search for information about these plaques I have come up with no specific info basically. I had no idea that this organization was formed in the Weimar era so perhaps if I do some searches for weimar era awards etc I might find something about them.
    thanks again
    Bill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Honor plaques for horse breeding
    P
    Many

?

I thought I'd add my latest acquisition to this old thread, another example of the table medal awarded by the Reichsverband für Zucht und Prüfung deutschen Warmbluts for outstanding achievement in breeding and training of thoroughbred horses. On the reverse is the symbol for the Reichsnährstand (German Food Estate), the Reichsverband being one of its affiliated organisations.

In comparison to the two examples at the top of this thread, the one below has had a few nasty knocks in its life which have dented the edge in a couple of places. I originally thought it was a bronze version but having looked at the reverse am wondering if I can see traces of an original silver finish. Despite the defects I like this piece very much and it seems to be a relatively scarce item.

The medal is shown in the company of a bronze grade Reiterabzeichen and miniature in its box and the award booklet for the Reiterabzeichen.

Regards, Philip

Honor plaques for horse breeding

Honor plaques for horse breeding Honor plaques for horse breeding

Honor plaques for horse breeding Honor plaques for horse breeding

?

I had a friend that tried horse breeding once.
    He said he liked women better. Didn't need a tree stump to stand on.

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I had a friend that tried horse breeding once.
    He said he liked women better. Didn't need a tree stump to stand on.
    Steve, I hope that your "friend" is fully recovered, I understand that horses can deliver a nasty kick when provoked...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2