Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Honor plaques for horse breeding

Article about: Hello, I don't think I've shown these items on this forum before but figured some of you might find some interest in these pieces. I haven't seen many of these items at all, and if anyone ha

?

Default Honor plaques for horse breeding

Hello,
    I don't think I've shown these items on this forum before but figured some of you might find some interest in these pieces. I haven't seen many of these items at all, and if anyone has a bronze version I might be interested in obtaining it if one is available. I haven't been able to find out any specific information regarding them so if anyone has any comments or info please let me know. One of them, the gold version has been denazified but as you can see it was done very very well. I would imagine whoever owned it was proud of it but didn't want the swastica to be seen so removed it. One is silver and the other is gold. Both of these plaques are cased.

Honor plaques for horse breedingHonor plaques for horse breeding

thanks,
    Duzig(Bill)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Honor plaques for horse breeding
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Honor plaques for horse breeding

There's something you don't often, or never see! Thanks for showing

?

Under the "Reichsnahrstand" responsible for the agricultural production plan which included animal breeding issued these under the "National association for the Breeding and Testing of German Thoroughbreeds" - they were non-potable awards for outstanding achievement in the breeding and training of thoroughbred horses -

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

My limited understanding was that the bronze awards were for large working horses, the silver for show/racing horses which may include horses for officers and wealthy and the gold for top of the line breeds such as Arabian.
    I have an example of a silver badge.
    Rudy

Honor plaques for horse breedingHonor plaques for horse breeding
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

?

Reichsnahrstand specifies that these badges were for the "Reichsverband fuer the Zucht und Prufung deutschen Warmbluts"(National Association for the breeding and testing of German Throughbreds)" - work horses in German are Kaltbluter.
    The badge you show is a honor Membership badge for the central league for breeding and Raising German Horses.

Horst

Thank you Horst, I stand corrected. I actually do remember the cold vs warm blooded part. My mind seems to have turned more of a sieve than a container these past few years or as Hank Williams Sr. put it "My buckets got a hole in it so I can't get no beer".

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

?

Rudy - No problem - by the way talking about Beer, I think its time for my "Weihenstephaner" Kristall Weissbier-
    Horst

Super plaques and great info as usual Horst. I doubt very many of the common sense farmers or breeders were avid supporters of the NSDAP.

Jay

?

Hello,
    Thanks to all for your comments. Horst, do you know the specific criteria for the award of these plaques? As of yet I haven't found anything referring to the exact criteria for award of these plaques. Rudy I have seen those badges before and they are quite nice, thanks for showing it. I have seen for sale on germanwarbooty site a 1st prize horseman's competition prize for sale which I had never seen before. There doesn't seem to be too much interest in these horse related plaques and badges but they all are quite striking. Anyone know of a cased bronze version of this plaque available anywhere?? In any case I thank you and everyone else for their comments.
    Thanks again to all
    Bill

?

Bill - The National Association for the Breeding and testing of German Throughbreds was not a Nazi organization but was formed and carried over from the Weimar Republic - any criteria was established during the Weimar period and was utilized during the III Reich. I havent dug into this that deep but you may possibly find some info under "Google" etc. Hitler granted official recognition to the four III Reich badges as national awards.
    Hope this helps a little -

Horst

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast