Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Huge hand forged iron eagle to identify...

Article about: Hello to everyone! I recently purchased a nice and huge 91cm (36in) hand forged iron eagle whose pictures are posted below. At the moment I have no any others to display, sorry... It is of e

Exclamation Huge hand forged iron eagle to identify...

Hello to everyone!

I recently purchased from a reputable source, a nice and huge 91cm (36in) hand forged iron eagle whose pictures are posted below. I have currently no any others to display, sorry...

It is of excellent workmanship with a aged copper finish, and quite heavy weighing 17kg or 37.5lb!

My question is: could this eventually be a building eagle? Or a Party eagle? Or... what else? Please note the fitting screw in the underside of the wreath

Many thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Huge hand forged iron eagle to identify...
    P
    Many

impressive.

I actually like this big eagle. I can see no reason to doubt it's authenticity. As to what it came off of, I honestly have no clue. I doubt that it was for the exterior of a building, due to it's rustable material of manufacture. I could possibly envision this above an indoor entrance way on top of the lintel in a building like a Ministry or a place like the Chancellery or some other impressive Party building, but this is only a blind guess, of course. It would need to be some place not close to the ground and passers by, so above a formal doorway, say, 8 or 9 foot overhead would sound about right. From it's looks, it would have had it's back facing the wall, and so it's lack of minute details on that side.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

by the screw in its lower part, I'd say this eagle was subject to a piece of marble or something similar. Well looks a heavy eagle.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I actually like this big eagle. I can see no reason to doubt it's authenticity. As to what it came off of, I honestly have no clue. I doubt that it was for the exterior of a building, due to it's rustable material of manufacture. I could possibly envision this above an indoor entrance way on top of the lintel in a building like a Ministry or a place like the Chancellery or some other impressive Party building, but this is only a blind guess, of course. It would need to be some place not close to the ground and passers by, so above a formal doorway, say, 8 or 9 foot overhead would sound about right. From it's looks, it would have had it's back facing the wall, and so it's lack of minute details on that side.
    Hello Wagriff!

Thank you so much for your valuable input! These are indeed very impressive pieces. I agree, it is most likely an indoor piece to be placed in a important State building. I'm very happy with my purchase, thank you!

Very best regards,

Jose

Quote by Milindre View Post
    by the screw in its lower part, I'd say this eagle was subject to a piece of marble or something similar. Well looks a heavy eagle.
    Buenas Alex,

Muchas gracias por tu comentario, también lo creo que este aguila debía fijarse en un bloque de marmol, probablemente en un lintel según lo sugerido por Wagriff. Efectivamente es una pieza muy pesada, con unos 17kg...

Un cordial saludo!

Jose

Good evening Alex,

Thank you very much for your comment, I also think that this eagle should be set at a block of marble, probably in a lintel as suggested by Wagriff. It is indeed a very heavy piece, weighing just 17kg ...

Very best regards!

Jose

Quote by Viriathus View Post
    Buenas Alex,

Muchas gracias por tu comentario, también lo creo que este aguila debía fijarse en un bloque de marmol, probablemente en un lintel según lo sugerido por Wagriff. Efectivamente es una pieza muy pesada, con unos 17kg...

Un cordial saludo!

Jose

Good evening Alex,

Thank you very much for your comment, I also think that this eagle should be set at a block of marble, probably in a lintel as suggested by Wagriff. It is indeed a very heavy piece, weighing just 17kg ...

Very best regards!

Jose
    Hola amigo...

Una pena por tus dos aguilas de ferrocarril...jajaja pero es una muy buena compra...felicidades.

Hi José...

Shame for your two eagles railroad ... lol but it is a very good buy ... congratulations .

Hello again...

Happy New Year to everyone! I have taken a few more pics on my eagle to share with you, my fellow collectors... Hope you like them

Thank you for looking and all my best!

Not much of an idea where this could be from. Just looks like a generic eagle from just about anywhere to me.

I do know what it should be used for though. If it were mine I would make it into a mean hood ornament.

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    Not much of an idea where this could be from. Just looks like a generic eagle from just about anywhere to me.

I do know what it should be used for though. If it were mine I would make it into a mean hood ornament.
    I think it's a little bit large for a hood ornament?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast