Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting German plaque.

Article about: Hello everyone this is my first form post, so hopefully I have done everything correctly. I recently obtained this German plaque that is dated 1941 and shows a German soldier standing, holdi

Default Interesting German plaque.

Hello everyone this is my first form post, so hopefully I have done everything correctly. I recently obtained this German plaque that is dated 1941 and shows a German soldier standing, holding a rifle. On the back of the plaque it has what I assume are maker marks, and says Uber reicht durch SILESIA STAHL. I translated this and found that it said, presented by Silesia steel, which is a steel factory in Poland. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a plaqe like this, or knows who it would be presented to. I would be interested in any information that some one has.
    If the photos don't show up I will retake than and repost them.
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting German plaque.
    P
    Many

Hi, I have seen a variety of different TR plaques, and I own one that is a bust of AH himself, but I must say that I have not seen any examples of this exact one. Not that it will help, but what are the dimensions? Im just wondering if it was a personal item that would be hung in a home or office of sorts, or outside on the exterior of a building. Looks like kind of new rust in spots, but as I am not familiar with this piece, I cannot speak on originality. Small clues add up sometimes.

The plaque measures 4 and a half inches wide and 6 and a half inches tall. I believe it would have been something someone would put in their house. I obtained this plaque from my neighbor along with some other items. The items were brought back by their father. The rust on the plaque has prolly happens recently because the items were found in a trunk that was kept in a garage.

Welcome to the forum!

It is a nice original item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Kevin23 and Adrian for your replys.

its good, for hanging in a room or office.