Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Iron Holder?

Article about: Hi guys! I just wanted to share my latest find with you. I’m not sure what the proper name is for it but I think it was used to hold an iron. I wasn’t really sure where I should post this bu

Default Iron Holder?

Hi guys! I just wanted to share my latest find with you. I’m not sure what the proper name is for it but I think it was used to hold an iron. I wasn’t really sure where I should post this but if I’ve posted it in the wrong forum I am sorry. Any thoughts on what it may be or if it has any relative significance would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Kirby

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...1&d=1257554182

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...1&d=1257554182
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iron Holder?   Iron Holder?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Iron Holder?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Iron Holder?

Round our ways it's called a 'Trivet'.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Kirby I dont think this is a WWII German Item. Before the war the swastika was used as a good luck symbol. The swastika wa on every thing from plates to floor tiles. Gary

pjm
    ?

Right, it's an American trivet. Here's one on ebay eBay.com.my: Vintage SWASTIKA Good Luck Cast Iron Trivet Spade (item 310093872801 end time Nov 15, 2009 22:04:25 MYT)

Neat item for its use of the swastika as a good luck symbol. It's probably early 20th century.

Gary, Ned, pjm,

Yes you are right, it is not a WWII item. After Ned was kind enough to give me the proper name It did not take me long to figure out what it really is.

From now on I will stick to what I know and not try to collect things I "think" are relevant.

Lesson learned!

Thanks Guys!

Kirby