Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Items for sale in the classifieds - discuss.

Article about: Any thoughts or opinions on these pieces for sale in the classifieds and do they justify a €2200 price tag? Six items for sale.

Default Re: Items for sale in the classifieds - discuss.

[QUOTE=meyle77;691208]hey it has swastika so it must be expensive
    btw i am looking for a nice kvk ii with swords that is cheap but must have swastika ! :-)))[/QUOTE

Indeed - put a swastika on it and quadruple your 'investment'.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Items for sale in the classifieds - discuss.
    P
    Many

GoldenDawn
    ?

It's 100% silver and there is a memorial inscription within the case in russian language. I understand everything about these items being mementos etc, I am still searching for similar items and can't find them. Especially the case and the cig holder. By the way, they were selling daggers, uniforms - the lot.
    I would be grateful if someone would show me similar items and values.

Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by GoldenDawn View Post
    Hi guys,

I am not trying to be clever or rip anyone off. I paid for these 6 items, 1150 euros nearly 10 years ago from an antique shop in kiev, Ukraine. I paid just for the silver cig case 550. Any links to similar items would be more than helpful for me to understand their value.

Thank you
    Unfortunately you stand no chance of getting your money back on these items. They are low value pieces and not particularly desireable. I'm sorry to say you got ripped off when you bought them.

My suggestion to you would be to take more photos of the pieces, front, back, any markings etc. Post the images here and the members will be able to give you an idea of their value.

Please also ask yourself if you would spend €2200 on six items based upon these images?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Personally, I believe it reflects badly on the Forum when such items are posted for sale at such ridiculous prices...
    Glenn

- - Updated - -
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 10-08-2012 at 07:26 PM.

While I am too shocked by some of the prices I do understand that each has the right to ask what they want for their item and in turn each has the right not to buy it if unhappy with the price. I think Adrian explained this once before.... ;-)

Tom

I have to agree with the other members opinions and it is sad that you paid so much for items that appear to have little value on the collectors market. The value of silver is not very high these days and the quality of the engraving from the posted picture does not look very high and I would be surprised if it has any age to it. Have you tried giving it a clean in warm soapy water as that should bring out the shine without being too abrasive and might make it look a bit more appealing, though IMHO you are never going to recoup your original outlay never mind the price you are after. The other items are all 5-20 euro items at most IMHO.

Also, though the sales section is open to all members, it is not very polite to join just so you can shift some unwanted items IMHO and that part of the forums open policy should be be looked at perhaps?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

While 'Snyders (Shysters) Treasures' site does have some good original items,
    there are also very bad, misleading fakes, and overpriced pieces there too.

One has to be extremely cautious and really know their subject before laying
    out hard earned cash, and as often said on the Forum: 'Buy the item - not
    the story". Most of us here agree with this.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Silver should have marks indicating the amount of silver it has in it.
    Pure silver .999 fine would be to soft and would be extremely easily damaged certainly not what you would want a cigarette case made of. German silver is usually, but not always marked .800

?

Advertisement deleted, due advertising outside of the WR forum sales, the ad contain outside commercial link, which is not allowed here. The forum is a place for a discussion, but not a commercial ads link section
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2