Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jewish Cross pins silver pair

Article about: I do not know where else (another section) to inquire about these pins....These came with an authentic assortment of Third Reich souvenirs...I purchased this collection years ago from the fa

Default Jewish Cross pins silver pair

I do not know where else (another section) to inquire about these pins....These came with an authentic assortment of Third Reich souvenirs...I purchased this collection years ago from the family of the German immigrant who brought them to the USA post war.....I have never seen pins like these in the past and would appreciate any opinions...They are sterling silver and approx. 1.5".......Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jewish Cross pins silver pair  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jewish Cross pins silver pair
    P
    Many

No clue, but I like them. If you are looking to sell them, let me know.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I would agree, and say it is probably European made, but when is the true question. However, any connection with the nazi regime is almost impossible to obtain. This isn't a regulation item that was a requirement of the Jewish people to wear as a result of the Nuremberg laws and such to follow, I.e the establishment of the order for Jews to wear the said star in Oct. and Sept. 39'. My guess, jewelry made prior to those laws as one would not want to establish themselves anymore than what was already stipulated.

Funny enough though, 1.5 inches was the size regulation for the Star of David to be worn by the Jewish people in certain German occupied territories at one time, but never in Germany to my knowledge. I would have to get my book to verify which locations it was, but it is currently in storage. Therefore there is a possible connection, but again, unlikely and nearly impossible to prove.

Add: Granted the above item was not a regulation item, however, regulations weren't strict, therefore I must admit it is possible, actually. If it is so, the owner was undoubtably rich as most used cloth stars; factory and home made, cheap metal, or a type of substance almost like plastic.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 09-12-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Although commonly associated with Judaism the hexagram symbol could also be Masonic and is used in the seal Theosophical Society which also used other ancient religious symbols including the Swastika, the Ankh, the Aum, and the Ouroboros. it also features in Eastern religions as does the Swastika.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Unfortunately enough, the use of Sterling silver was quite seldom seen in the first half of the 20th century in Europe. It is a rule of thumb, for example, that if a "period" ring is stamped "Sterling" it generally is not of the actual Period.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

youthcollector1.... I agree with what you are saying for all technical, practical and methodical reasons .......I just thought it was an intriguing pair of pins to find amongst the German war relics.......I will continue to wonder about their history and use.
    * and just for the record, these star pins are just less than 1.5", more like 1.25+. FD

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Although commonly associated with Judaism the hexagram symbol could also be Masonic and is used in the seal Theosophical Society which also used other ancient religious symbols including the Swastika, the Ankh, the Aum, and the Ouroboros. it also features in Eastern religions as does the Swastika.
    This, too, is very true and just as possible. Without steel tight providence, it is impossible to know, or better yet, even convince others to believe the "story" you've been told. Such is the problem usually with non regulation items made for the Jewish people during this period. There are just too many fakes out there, thus, one must always be cautious. These items are easy to fake due to the crude materials used and loose regulations. In most areas all that was required was a certain size, and the star itself. Color, shape, material, etc. etc., even placement in some locations, weren't stipulated resulting in many different variations being produced.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    No clue, but I like them. If you are looking to sell them, let me know.
    I, too, would love to have these in my collection. As many know, I am Jewish, although my Father isn't and I actually was raised Christian.

I was thinking perhaps a product of the postwar cottage-industry for Jewish refugees...they are rather attractive...
    cheers, Glenn

Just for the record, These pins are not marked "sterling", they are not marked at all....I had a jeweler tell me that these were silver, old silver...here is a photo of the back (pin Jewish Cross pins silver pairside)....Frank

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast