Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

just purchased u-boat sweetheart bracelet

Article about: Well the day just gets better , turned on the PC and went to Paul Hogles great site and found this little beauty - u-boat sweetheart bracelet , so needless to say i had to get it as it was s

?

Default just purchased u-boat sweetheart bracelet

Well the day just gets better , turned on the PC and went to Paul Hogles great site and found this little beauty - u-boat sweetheart bracelet , so needless to say i had to get it as it was something very different , what do you gents think of it?. It is made from nickel silver alloy. Dated on the back 23/11/45 Sorry for the small pics but it is all i have until the item arrives.

just purchased u-boat sweetheart bracelet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement just purchased u-boat sweetheart bracelet
    P
    Many

Given the post war date, I would say it is American rather than German?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ditto.

?

I'll have to email back Paul as He is normally spot on

Cheers for the replies Ade & Scout it isn't looking very good for me these past couple of days then. I thought this was a good German Piece.

(Just emailed Paul (ever the gentleman) and swapped the bracelet for a nice minty 2nd class war merit cross without swords)

I also had to purchase an SA sports armband with RZM tag as i have been after a nice one of those for ages. It is so hard to get it right regarding TR items. But it is worth the headache
    Last edited by jimm; 04-17-2014 at 03:22 PM.

?

Paul actually gave an interesting point which was if it is American wouldn't it have the date written differently?. e.g Month / Day / Year where as in Europe it is Day / Month / Year which is what the back of this one portrays. However it does indeed look like a U.S sub?.

German, U.S., Postwar, doesn't matter to me at all.

A very unique looking bracelet, rather rear piece. AAF (Army Air Force), and army ones are rather in huge numbers, but not subs!!

Could be a Sterling Silver piece, probably got grind off before engraving the date.

Cheers!
    Taka

Hi , I must admit I know nothing about these things but could it not be the date when her "man" came home safe and sound rather than anything else? Just a thought, sorry, Leon.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Given the post war date, I would say it is American rather than German?

Cheers, Ade.
    With a U-Boat?. I saw the piece go up and it does have some American like attributes, with exception of the chain link style which appears to be designed to mimic a tie down at port. The date is interesting as it is European style as well, yet the clasp could be either. My first answer was American as well, a secondary look had me firing an amended opinion that it very well may be German or done in the immediate post was for a German. I think he sold that cheap and its a neat piece and almost moved on it myself. Unless that is an American Sub?.

?

Could be Leon , it could well be. Good thought mate. Good comment also Ajax , it is a very tricky one. I did mention to Paul that it would be wise for him to look into it further and check if it might be silver also. However and with respect to U.S militaria collectors. If it is American it wouldn't fit in my German collection , whether it be worth 100 or 200+. I could have kept it on order and maybe have sold it for double or triple what i paid but that is not my style , i would rather an gentleman seller like Paul do well with it and someone buy it who will appreciate it for what it is. If it would have been a definitive U-Boat Piece then i would have deffo kept it.

nothing unique