Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine ring????

Article about: Hi, I'm estatic I found this forum, the information and education here is unparalleled. I think I've been reading old threads for 3 days now, lol. I have my doubts on this ring,and ask very

Default Kriegsmarine ring????

Hi, I'm estatic I found this forum, the information and education here is unparalleled. I think I've been reading old threads for 3 days now, lol. I have my doubts on this ring,and ask very much a novice, with a desire to learn as much as possible. I purchased this a little while back looking for a period piece that I could wear everyday. Anyway, just judging by prior knowledge gained here, I think it's NOT authentic. The inside reads, "U-593 18 August 1943 KM," also, "800." I'm pretty sure the date is when uboat 593 went down? KM, standing for, "Kriegsmarine," and, "800," meaning silver. Originally, I thought it one of a kind until I googled and seen this ring previously being sold quite often online. As well as chatted with another owner of the same piece. Is it possible the ring is a kind of memorial of the fallen or just a straight junk piece? Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine ring????   Kriegsmarine ring????  

Kriegsmarine ring????  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine ring????
    P
    Many

Well.....seeing as you've already Purchased it, I hate to say it, but.....yup...'tis junk....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

4th Reich fantasy

Thanks, figured as much.

CBH
    ?

The ring has a 1954 pattern Iron Cross , so it's post war made for German veterans . Maybe the inscription is the date the vet won his Iron Cross . I can't see a faker using a post war cross .