Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ladies Brooch-NSDAP or SS

Article about: by Scout I cant make out all the 'runes' (older futhark it aint, LOL). But looks like it says 'Das Land' (which can mean both the country or the soil) at seven o clock. Look forward to bette

Default Ladies Brooch-NSDAP or SS

Just grabbed this at auction and on its way, of course I misplaced the rear photo but marked properly and I guess I will have to get it translated when I can photo it. Its a beauty though and these can be difficult to locate.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ladies Brooch-NSDAP or SS
    P
    Many

Unusual badge. It will be interesting to know
    what it says.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Unusual badge. It will be interesting to know
    what it says.........
    It was pretty much a one looker and I entered a proxy and walked away not expecting to win the piece and never asked for better photos of what it say's. Guess I will have to wait and get it translated which will generally give you an idea if it is NSDAP or SS, but not always. I have several here now and one came with a photo of one in wear, but this is the brooch that actually matches the photo style. Must be a small auction house and got done under my proxy for a change. See it in 10 days and will update the photos and get a translation.

Sorry for the crappy photo but every time I move a piece, I screw up and end up cleaning glass for an hour.

I could be wrong , but I think that is the emblem for the 7th SS volunteer mountain div. Prinz Eugen

You are correct, they did use it but it is an Odal Rune Odal (rune) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and had several connotations and was used by the party and the SS. The link refers to heritage and property which falls under the Erbhof hereditary law, which mirrored British law. The runic symbol itself was utilized in different ways and the key might be in what it says.

This actually might be a better link Reichserbhofgesetz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

?

Quote by krabbekrout View Post
    I could be wrong , but I think that is the emblem for the 7th SS volunteer mountain div. Prinz Eugen
    The Odal rune with feet was the symbol of the Prinz Eugen division, but it was also heavily used by adherents to the Völkisch ideology to represent ethnic Germanic identity. It was used on the 'Erbhof' signs of Aryan farmsteads as well as other things, like the jewelry item in this thread. There is rarely a concrete SS connection, but most or all of these items bear a strong association with Germanic nationalist ideology.

Ajax, it's a really nice brooch. I really like it!

Ty Rune, Sig Rune, Hagel Rune, and Odal Rune.... References to land and holy it would seem. Nice though and as usual who knows if SS. But tough to find.

Ladies Brooch-NSDAP or SSLadies Brooch-NSDAP or SSLadies Brooch-NSDAP or SS

?

It looks nice to me! Here is a photo of this brooch in wear:

Odal Rune Silver Broach - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Quote by Erno View Post
    It looks nice to me! Here is a photo of this brooch in wear:

Odal Rune Silver Broach - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Yes, I own that one too with the picture. This is actually the style of brooch she is wearing in that photo. These are not badges and it seems some think that. I will go over the thread again later. ;o)

?

I cant make out all the 'runes' (older futhark it aint, LOL).
    But looks like it says 'Das Land' (which can mean both the country or the soil) at seven o clock.
    Look forward to better pics. Should be easy to translate the rest, once better pics are provided.
    Looks like it says 'handmade' in German on the back.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast