Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?

Article about: Hey guys. I was wondering if any of you have ever seen a skull like this? I was told it could be from the Condor Legion campaign in 1936. It's 4" wide x 3.5" in length. It would ro

Default Re: Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?

Actually, the skull on a busby goes back in German military history to at least the Seven Years War, 1756-63 when it was worn by Husaren-Regiment 5. Dwight

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?

Quote by Bond View Post
    These big skulls are usually for pre WWI and WWI period Hussars busbys, but the quality looks a bit weak and it sounds like it is very heavy. Is it made of lead?
    Hey Jerry. Still not sure what it is made of but I was told it's not metallic. And it weighs 9.8 ounces.
    Thanks everybody!

Luke

CBH
    ?

My original weighs in a 1.78 ounces . And is made of thin metal . Maybe some kind of wall hanger or deck ornament .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?  

Thanks for pic and info, CBH. I would love to have one like yours! Clearly these two are different.

Luke

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    My original weighs in a 1.78 ounces . And is made of thin metal . Maybe some kind of wall hanger or deck ornament .
    I went to the old thread about this one.
    What a great piece.
    Must hold great nostalgic value for you - I know it would for me, had I been given it under those circumstances.

CBH
    ?

I do love this item , always loved skulls ! He was a great man with lots of stuff and stories . I also got a navy ensign ,and a Prussian flint lock from him . I'll have to get some photo's up of both items . Glad you all like this as much as I do .
    Cheers Chris
    PS here are a couple photo's of said items
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?   Large skull. Condor Legion emblem? Condor Legion campaign 1936 skull? Any ideas?  

Last edited by CBH; 10-19-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2