Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lineol soldier toys

Article about: Hi, been a long time since i went to a fair. So today i decided to go and found these. Period made and very nice to have. There was also a nice donation tin but i wasnt in the mood to spend

Default Lineol soldier toys

Hi, been a long time since i went to a fair.
    So today i decided to go and found these.
    Period made and very nice to have. There was also a nice donation tin but i wasnt in the mood to spend 120 euros on it.
    So i bought the toys, some have damage but still look good.
    Enjoy
    Cheers
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lineol soldier toys   Lineol soldier toys  

Lineol soldier toys  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lineol soldier toys
    P
    Many

Default Re: Lineol soldier toys

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lineol soldier toys   Lineol soldier toys  

?

Nuno- Nice catch and a whole new collection direction - now you need to keep going as these were also available for all Wehrmacht branches i.e. Navy ,etc also the political models and lets not forget the add ons like bunkers, guard houses etc.
    Good Luck
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Looks nice, you almost bought yourself a complete army!
    Lineol is almost the same as Elastolin?

I love them Nice pick up

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Not something I would normally collect but this was described as Politischer Häftling bei Zwangsarbeit (Political Prisoner in Forced Labour), however Polish forced labour is an area I collect so I bought it without knowing much about its production..made by Leyla. Although I believe the term Zwangsarbeiter is a modern term and one not used by Nazi regime.

Lineol soldier toys

Lineol soldier toys

Lineol soldier toys

Anyone seen others like it or know anything about this figure?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

All the fun 'n games of the Sonderlager for the kiddies!

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Not something I would normally collect but this was described as Politischer Häftling bei Zwangsarbeit (Political Prisoner in Forced Labour), however Polish forced labour is an area I collect so I bought it without knowing much about its production..made by Leyla. Although I believe the term Zwangsarbeiter is a modern term and one not used by Nazi regime.

Lineol soldier toys

Lineol soldier toys

Lineol soldier toys

Anyone seen others like it or know anything about this figure?
    Never seen one like it. However, seems very gruesome made.

?

I wondered if the paint looked a little fresh and that someone had painted a farmer figure into KZ uniform? I also mused that a toy maker might not have wanted to venture into a somewhat controversial field either - one imagines that the KZ system was one of those things which was mostly known about but usually discussed in whispers, if at all. However, this is idle speculation, hopefully there is an expert opinion to come.

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    I wondered if the paint looked a little fresh and that someone had painted a farmer figure into KZ uniform? I also mused that a toy maker might not have wanted to venture into a somewhat controversial field either - one imagines that the KZ system was one of those things which was mostly known about but usually discussed in whispers, if at all. However, this is idle speculation, hopefully there is an expert opinion to come.
    Your observations somewhat echo my own initial thoughts. But consider if this was a standard farmer figurine why was the head not originally moulded with a hairline rather than having a bald or shaved head? Also if a modern overpaint why is the red triangle patch not painted correctly as these winkels are known to be worn?

I am hoping that someone who collects Leyla figures might shed some light on this little figurine. I am totally open minded about it being an unusual piece or a modern overpaint of farmer or whatever but of course would prefer the former over the latter
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast