Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Linked AH Monogram Salad Fork...

Article about: I thought I'd post this salad form to get some feedback if someone recognizes the pattern and can confirm the story behind it. From the research I've done this salad fork is part of a comple

?

Default Linked AH Monogram Salad Fork...

I thought I'd post this salad form to get some feedback if someone recognizes the pattern and can confirm the story behind it.

From the research I've done this salad fork is part of a complete set (probably one of several sets actually) that was given to Hitler by Gottlieb Hammesfahr, Solingen, Foche (manufacturer of SS & RAD daggers, knives, bayonets, etc) in appreciation for Government contracts.

If anyone has more information about this fork, and where it may have been, I'd love to know.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

Linked AH Monogram Salad Fork...Linked AH Monogram Salad Fork...Linked AH Monogram Salad Fork...Linked AH Monogram Salad Fork...Linked AH Monogram Salad Fork...Linked AH Monogram Salad Fork...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Linked AH Monogram Salad Fork...
    P
    Many

ww2fotos
    ?

Default Re: Linked AH Monogram Salad Fork...

I have been told that Hitler might have had 20 or more sets of Silverware. It seems that lots of people gave him a set for Birthdays, Christmas, etc. - and in the period of 12 years he accumulated quite a few sets. I, myself, have 5 pieces from 2 different sets.

Neat piece, but I wouldn't want something that Hilter ate with.

?

LOL, Blitzkrieg Bop. I hadn't thought of it that way. I seriously doubt this for touched Hitlers lips.

ww2fotos, have you seen this pattern before? Is the story correct?

ww2fotos
    ?

I haven't, but as previously stated there were a LOT of patterns. What's the big deal about eating with Hitler's fork? You could always wash it in bleach! To tell you the truth I have never eaten with his silverware - just never occured to me.

Quote by ww2fotos View Post
    I haven't, but as previously stated there were a LOT of patterns. What's the big deal about eating with Hitler's fork? You could always wash it in bleach! To tell you the truth I have never eaten with his silverware - just never occured to me.
    I fear if I touched it, my hand would burn up!

ww2fotos
    ?

Talking Re: Linked AH Monogram Salad Fork...

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    I fear if I touched it, my hand would burn up!
    I don't think that would happen. I have touched them several times, and my hands are fine!

Going through the forums and spreading out knowledge where I can, even years later; This monogrammed pattern can be seen in James Yannes Encyclopedia of Third Reich tableware, pages 54 and 55.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Linked AH Monogram Salad Fork...   Linked AH Monogram Salad Fork...