Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Lost bronze eagle

Article about: GUYS.......... SOMEWHERE OUT THERE IS THE BRONZE EAGLE THAT USED TO SIT ATOP THIS BRONZE SWASTIKA. IT'S JUST TOO BIG TO THROW AWAY SO IT MUST BE SOMEWHERE .... THERE IS A REWARD FOR INFO LEA

?

Hey Glenn ! Thanks for the reply guy. No, I haven't been able to find anything on it but it had to be placed somewhere nice as the swastika weighs 60 pounds as it is. I traded an old Luger pistol for it years ago at a militaria show in Dallas. I would think that the eagle would have been put on display somewhere and it had to be separated from the " hated " swastika........ dunno.........

God bless.......... Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lost bronze eagle
    P
    Many

True...best case scenario, the eagle may have been refurbished into a "non-Nazi" eagle and could, theoretically, still be standing somewhere, but to be honest, I rather doubt the likelihood. I'm thinking the Swaz was kept for a more portable souvenir from a demolition yard and the bird may well have been scrap metaled. But, you never know! You could get lucky!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Mike, this interesting page may give you a bit of hope:

Nazi Eagles

?

Yeah........ I can only conjure an image in my mind......... I really can't imagine why they were separated other than the eagle was put on display somewhere and they didn't want the dreaded swastika included........

God bless......... Mike

?

Yes......... hope springs eternal......... thanks guy !

God bless......... Mike

?

WOW !!! What a site !! I'm definitely going to pursue this. I never knew so many remained, and I had been going to Deutchland 5 times a year from the '60s till the euro took over in 1997, doing hotel buys.

Blessings...... thanks !!

?

Man I hope so....... maybe one day it will surface........ probably after I'm gone......... : )

God bless...... Mike

?

: )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2