Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

matchbox holder

Article about: This has an Art Deco style to it, like cigarette cases of the 1920-30's era. I'm interested in the outcome of this item.

?

This has an Art Deco style to it, like cigarette cases of the 1920-30's era. I'm interested in the outcome of this item.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement matchbox holder
    P
    Many

Meanwhile, here's some other matchboxes...nothing like the thread starter but certainly more on topic than tit-for-tat sniping.

matchbox holdermatchbox holdermatchbox holdermatchbox holder

?

@Glenn66: Look like 2 nice one, that have been there! Thanks for sharing with us.

Here we go with pics of the sure period one made in the technique of the first i have shown.
    This one is iron (magnetic), also plated, has this kind of paint and the zapon covering.
    All opinions are welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture matchbox holder   matchbox holder  

matchbox holder  

The new matchbox holder looks great. It shows all of the evidence one would expect after being handled and touched for 70 years! It's a beauty! Unfortunately, it's not making the original holder look any better. It doesn't appear to have much of any signs of aging to it that I can see. Of course, it's always possible that it was new-old stock that was never sold or even out of the box! Either way, it's still an attractive piece with a curious deco-design style eagle on it that looks very interesting!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Guys, I have tidied up this thread. No more please. Thank you.

Now, back to the matchbox. Oddly enough, I like it. Never seen one before. It does show some very minimal age wear on the eagle side.

Interesting one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade.

Here is something I noticed when zooming in. The matchbook seems to have some signs of aging. The metal looks to have tarnished somewhat, and there is a Little wear. Can't say it looks old, but it also doesn't look new to me either.
    matchbox holder

I actually like the patina, but that's just my opinion. I will say it doesn't have the artificial patina I'm use to seeing in the fake Eastern examples which are flooded on ebay.

Indeed it does look better when you enlarge the pics.

I might be bias as I love Art Deco designs....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks guys for all opinions!
    Its hard to make such good pics that show all small detaills and its hard to make a statement in such a case only basing on pics.

In my opinion this matchboxholder anyhow is a older and tricky made item. How old? I think to this time nobody of us can say it for sure. Maybe the future brings out more about.

In the moment for me good enaugh to hold it and this not only because it was a present!

Thanks to all!

Got any news about the item?
    Do you still have it?

?

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    Got any news about the item?
    Do you still have it?
    Yes, i still have it and no, no more news.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2