Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Metal plate

Article about: Hi This was also given to me have tried to research but at a blank can anyone help. Thank you Melanie

Default Metal plate

Hi
    This was also given to me have tried to research but at a blank can anyone help.
    Thank you Melanie

Metal plate
    Metal plate
    Metal plate
    Metal plate
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-14-2017 at 08:59 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Metal plate
    P
    Many

There was one similar for auction on the Weitze website.
    Wehrmacht "" For special merits - Pioneer-Lehr-Bataillon z.b.V. "

Large blackened plaque plaque, diameter 12.3 cm. Illustration: large sovereign over a coat-of-arms with a mining building and crossed mining hammers, below with artist's signature "K Roth". On the back with the suspension suspended. Condition 2. Very rare.
    Pioneer-Lehr-Bataillon z.b.V., location Höxter in the Wehrkreis VI. After the mobilization in 1939 probably disbanded. The Pioneer Teaching Battalion, eg. Was reopened on 10 March 1943. The battalion was stationed this time in Offenbach am Main, Wehrkreis IX. The battalion was subordinated to Division 409.

This unit was one that distinguished itself during the battle for Arnhem. Your plaque has been inserted into a plate.

?

I saw it too on Weitze's website. But now I'm curious to know if the one posted here could be authentic. Doesn't look like there are a lot of these around.

Thank you very much,so once they were two separate pieces,did not realise looking up history could be fun and very interesting ,it was not like that at school,thanks again Melanie

Indeed Dschop, this one looks very different in colour, as though it had been treated in some way. I don't like the surrounding plate, but up to the owner to decide whether to take it apart to examine it. I agree that having it such a dreadful plate could well mean it is original, and rare.

I like it,
    As mentioned it is a table medal that looks to have been popped in to a plate centre for display on a wall.

Does it measure 12.3cm in diameter Melanie? (Works out at just under 5 inches.)

It looks as though it is a bronze medal and the eagle and mine entrance may have been silvered.
    Im guessing it would have been glued to the plate.

Only concern for me is the casting fault on the D in the lettering

All the best
    Doug

Hi Doug,thank you again, it measures exactly 12.3 cm,would there be anything on the back to damage if i tried to push or knock it out of the plate through the hole in the back,regards melanie

Please see measurement of plate thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Metal plate  

I don't think that I would try separating the 2 pieces. From the discoloration around the rim of the medal, the 2 bits look to have been together for some long while now. Ugly though it may be, the plate could have possibly been applied by the original owner to hang it on the wall rather than to keep it as a clumsy table medal.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 01-15-2017 at 09:32 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."