Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Minesweeper Plaque......

Article about: My newest treasure..... This minesweeper plaque is stunning as far as craftsmanship. The medal appears to be solid, and superb in appearance. It's a solid 11" by 10." I have only e

Default Minesweeper Plaque......

My newest treasure..... This minesweeper plaque is stunning as far as craftsmanship. The medal appears to be solid, and superb in appearance. It's a solid 11" by 10." I have only ever seen one of these on a dealer sure and only vaguely remember where. Anyway, I'm sure these can be tricky to authenticate as more then likely wouldn't have been mass produced. Any ideas what this could have been used for? Thanks everyone.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Minesweeper Plaque......   Minesweeper Plaque......  

Minesweeper Plaque......  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Minesweeper Plaque......
    P
    Many

RSW
    ?

It might be the angle the photo was taken at, but it looks like the badge is mounted a bit closer to the top of the plaque than it is to the bottom? If so it leaves a space for an engraved plate to be mounted under the badge. Perhaps the intent would have been to commemorate someone's service? Or a fantasy piece (hope not)? Whether it is TR period or not I can't say because I do not know enough on the subject... unusual though! Thanks for sharing it.

Default Auxiliaries...

Here is a period picture somebody posted on another group of an example of an auxiliary award. They were saying it was given to appropriate crew members. Just wanted to share it here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Minesweeper Plaque......