Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My SS Allach Fawn

Article about: A fine piece Jody, thank you for sharing with us. And to other members who kindly displayed theirs too, patently. Regarding the manufacture, inmates did actually havre a hand in the process

?

Quote by Erich S View Post
    A very nice piece and don't think it was ever proven that inmates from Dachau ever had a hand in producing these fine pieces of porcelain.
    Hi Erich,
    Thank you. I agree inmates, did not make or paint them, from what I understood inmates were used in hauling the raw materials, etc..

Jody

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My SS Allach Fawn
    P
    Many

?

Jody,
    This is my favorite one as well! I have not yet picked any up for my collection. I have always loved the artistic and natural essence of each curve. An added bonus is you can proudly display anywhere in your home without alarming your guests.

There is a gentleman named kris at thirdreicharts.com that has a great website dedicated to Allach as many of you may already know.

Best,
    Anzel

?

Quote by Anzel View Post
    Jody,
    This is my favorite one as well! I have not yet picked any up for my collection. I have always loved the artistic and natural essence of each curve. An added bonus is you can proudly display anywhere in your home without alarming your guests.

There is a gentleman named kris at thirdreicharts.com that has a great website dedicated to Allach as many of you may already know.

Best,
    Anzel
    Hi Anzel,
    I have been friends with Kris for several years and I bought this from him (my mom is also co-owner of it-she collects Allach too).

Jody

Some of my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My SS Allach Fawn  

?

Erich...great collection!! HJ drummer very impressive. I would love to have a painted fox with mouse and the squirrel is amazing!!!

Jody,
    I'm sure you have seen all of his wonderful items in person then!

Anzel

?

Very nice collection

I think one of the nicest looking Allach pieces, if I would ever start collecting it again, is the painted Rabbit. A superbly designed and fashioned figurine. The standing lamb is nice as well, but very fragile and easily subject to damage.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

beautiful.

Jody, remind me to show you my Karner reclining fawn that is similar to your Allach one--it is (if I recall right) from Rosenthal.

PS--I also have a Rosenthal Karner rabbit (also painted). Not Allach, but the next best thing.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    They never will either.
    This is very true. Allach porcelain is so beautifully crafted that I don't think it could be replicated in some Polish or Chinese sweatshop, unless they had the original molds, which I believe were purchased by Rosenthal at some point. They're probably all destroyed by now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast