Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My SS Allach Fawn

Article about: A fine piece Jody, thank you for sharing with us. And to other members who kindly displayed theirs too, patently. Regarding the manufacture, inmates did actually havre a hand in the process

?

A fine piece Jody, thank you for sharing with us. And to other members who kindly displayed theirs too, patently.

Regarding the manufacture, inmates did actually havre a hand in the process - they were involved in the following manner:

1) 18 inmates were brought to the PMA (PorzellanManufaktur-Allach), also known as München-Allach, from the Stammlager at Dachau every day to work on the design of the casts. These inmates were of German and Polish nationality. This specific work began in 1940.

2) The following spring, 1941, saw 13 experienced porcelain workers brought in and the establishment of an official Außenlager. These inmates arrived from KZ-Buchenwald and were ceramic artisans, molders, painters and millers.

By the end of 1941, 30 prisoners and 67 civilians were involved in the manufacture of porcelain. The sub-camp is mentioned within Dachau files as late as 25th April 1945.

Several satellites of Dachau used the Allach name within their official title, including the BMW assembly and repair factory and the München-Allach OT Bau (aka Rothschwaige).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My SS Allach Fawn
    P
    Many

?

At Wewelsburg, part of their superbly presented collection...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My SS Allach Fawn  

Interesting Carl and thanks for the added historical perspective. Here's a period photo showing Diebitsch.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My SS Allach Fawn  

?

Hi Carl,
    Thank you for the additional information (I learned something new today). Great photo, I see an all white version of my doggy!

Regards,
    Jody

Seems that You too have an Airedale Terrier. But as about the topic - i guess it was much better to work in this manufacture than just to be in Dachau camp. Actually many factories used the slave labour during III Reich period.

Is there a reputable dealer in the U.S ? and is there a display at a museum anywhere?

Third Reich Arts is a very reputable place to buy and it's owner kris is very knowledgable with Allach.

Few good guys out there that know the material well, hard to buy now and the most common issue is repairs and shipping. Have to know how to spot repairs and how to pack it and ship it which varies per piece and on the high end you have to have someone who can actually repair the rare pieces and that is not easy. Tough pieces to buy compared to other items with all the things that can go wrong. Most won't even touch it without inspection and that is prior to payment, so that kills deals all the time.

Zuhair Alnaaimey
    ?

My SS Allach FawnYES Ajax! repairs and shipping ,,, its our nightmares

Zuhair Alnaaimey
    ?

No one made animals like Theodor Kärner

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast