Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nazi Beer Stein / French Occupation

Article about: I have a question as to the value of this 1/2 liter beer stein. It appears to have been made and used during the German occupation, as there are a couple of small chips and the word "Bl

?

Default Nazi Beer Stein / French Occupation

I have a question as to the value of this 1/2 liter beer stein. It appears to have been made and used during the German occupation, as there are a couple of small chips and the word "Blowk" lightly scratched onto the lid. Has anyone ever seen one like this one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi Beer Stein / French Occupation   Nazi Beer Stein / French Occupation  

Nazi Beer Stein / French Occupation   Nazi Beer Stein / French Occupation  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi Beer Stein / French Occupation
    P
    Many

wellcome on the forum, it's civil with a decal.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Thank you for the lightning fast reply. Civil meaning made in France? Would a collector have any interest? It was one of 4 bought at an auction that sells mainly estate stuff.

Quote by Davan View Post
    Thank you for the lightning fast reply. Civil meaning made in France? Would a collector have any interest? It was one of 4 bought at an auction that sells mainly estate stuff.
    Nothing French about it, but nothing particularly "Nazi" or military-related either:

The text is German, it was made by a German manufacturer* and the artwork depicts German Corps students.

The Wehrmacht helmet decals simply don't belong on the item.

*) For more info on the manufacturer, see: Welcome to Stein Marks.

Impossible to find Werke on the souvenirs , they were made in French factories like Henriot.

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Thanks again. The other 3 are most definitely just decorative. I thought maybe this one was authentic. As you can see, I have absolutely no knowledge in this field. The swastika led me to believe...

just a plain old civilian beer mug.

?

Please accept my apologies to this forum. I am truly sorry for posting a non-military item question. Once again, the swastika led me to believe otherwise.

?

As noted - "Helmet" decals have been added to this "civil" stein.... I can't tell from the photos, but quite possibly not authentic themselves...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast