Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Nazi chair. thoughts?

Article about: Here my opinion I do not like it,I have seen mirrors desks and other furniture pieces with this stamp on it and never like them.Always on cheap pieces of furniture anyone could have a stamp

Default Nazi chair. thoughts?

Any thoughts on this chair? Autthenticity? ThanksNazi chair. thoughts?Nazi chair. thoughts?Nazi chair. thoughts?Nazi chair. thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi chair. thoughts?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nazi chair. thoughts?

The H.U. is for army supply not sure on the rest.

ERIC

?

thats a hard one,as were did you find it? it could be good or someone could have stamped it with the swastica.but it depends on how well you know the sorce and iam sure there is someone on here that knows abought this kinda thing.! thanks for posting as i never seen one.! pretty neat if it turns out real/period.! it sure has that look that makes me think its original.

?

I have never seen one...I imagine it could be from a mess hall or canteen. This kinda thing would be hard to nail down to a particular period

One thing that makes me suspicious, is the lack of wear to the finish on the seat portion of the chair. It doesn't appear to have been refinished. You would think after 70 years, it would have more wear to the surface. With that in mind, the chair has the same brand or stamp as the desk. You can see the defect in the stamp on the top of the eagles head. Nothing definitive, but I agree with qotd, it would be difficult to nail these down to the period.

Jay

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    One thing that makes me suspicious, is the lack of wear to the finish on the seat portion of the chair. It doesn't appear to have been refinished. You would think after 70 years, it would have more wear to the surface. With that in mind, the chair has the same brand or stamp as the desk. You can see the defect in the stamp on the top of the eagles head. Nothing definitive, but I agree with qotd, it would be difficult to nail these down to the period.

Jay
    I see no desk am i missing something?

Duh! Sorry about that. On the bottom photo, I saw the photo on the left and thought that was a desk. Should have read it closer. That's what happens when one assumes. By the way ez, I'm in KC. I'm still suspicious of that 70 year old chair.

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Duh! Sorry about that. On the bottom photo, I saw the photo on the left and thought that was a desk. Should have read it closer. That's what happens when one assumes. By the way ez, I'm in KC. I'm still suspicious of that 70 year old chair.
    I am as well. All I know this is the army supply mark ive seen it before. And hello fellow MISSOURI Bro. Im in JOPLIN

ERIC

Yes, the mark actually looks pretty good. I went to Missouri Southern for two years, I love your town! Great hunting and fishing CLOSE BY! Trapped alot of fat muskrats and beaver down there.

Take care,
    Jay

?

do they still trap ? my father used to trap muskrat 15 years ago or more he used to get $7.00 for black and $5.00 for brown..that just brang back memories ..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast