Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Nazi eagle - Have no idea if its fake or not.

Article about: It does look like the Nazi police symbol maybe it was a plaque of some sort or a type of decoration because it looks like it would be hung on something.

It does look like the Nazi police symbol maybe it was a plaque of some sort or a type of decoration because it looks like it would be hung on something.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi eagle - Have no idea if its fake or not.
    P
    Many

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    I can't judge its size but might it be a grill badge for auto?
    I thought that two but the thing at the top makes it look like it should have been hung onto a wall or a plaque.

That's the ticket right there, its not a hanger but it is NSKK, you need the opposite side and have a look at that for discoloration.

Nazi eagle - Have no idea if its fake or not. Nazi eagle - Have no idea if its fake or not.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi eagle - Have no idea if its fake or not.  

Your completely right there would be a N.S.K.K. on it and would also explain how oil would be on it. I believe that it is real because the dealer has so far sold me many WWI and WWII objects so far all have been real. Though I hope this object was worth the 75 dollars I paid for it.

Personally, I'm leaning towards liking this thing and think it is period. What it was for, is up for conjecture. The slot is obviously made to have a strap of some kind threaded through it-whether it be metal, cloth or leather. There is no signs of wear in the slot from it, so I would imagine the strap was soft-such as leather or cloth. At 4.5 inches, the size is not beyond the imagination for it to be suspended beneath something like a centerpiece from a table or desk display, but just what the structure was that it hung from, is only guesswork. Maybe even several of these hung beneath something like a long trumpet or around the rim of a drum? The Nazi's were always fans of absurdly gaudy and ostentatious stuff, so unless you ever find a photo of this thing, it may never be known exactly what it was off of.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Heavington View Post
    Your completely right there would be a N.S.K.K. on it and would also explain how oil would be on it. I believe that it is real because the dealer has so far sold me many WWI and WWII objects so far all have been real. Though I hope this object was worth the 75 dollars I paid for it
    I think so, but when you flip it over the swastika will be screwed up, that leaves the head pointing left which is possible. However it could be rear or front mount for a fender of a vehicle the the swastika would be right and with a 4 or 4 1/2 inch L bracket and it would be perfect. Bracket would be hidden, you would have a one or two piece connector mount that ran through the slot one side with a banner and the other flat. I think I like it. Connectors probably two screws from the flush mount to the banner and the width of the slot makes that work really well. Motorcycle makes sense.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Personally, I'm leaning towards liking this thing and think it is period. What it was for, is up for conjecture. The slot is obviously made to have a strap of some kind threaded through it-whether it be metal, cloth or leather. There is no signs of wear in the slot from it, so I would imagine the strap was soft-such as leather or cloth. At 4.5 inches, the size is not beyond the imagination for it to be suspended beneath something like a centerpiece from a table or desk display, but just what the structure was that it hung from, is only guesswork. Maybe even several of these hung beneath something like a long trumpet or around the rim of a drum? The Nazi's were always fans of absurdly gaudy and ostentatious stuff, so unless you ever find a photo of this thing, it may never be known exactly what it was off of.
    True, good news is I bought this thing with a winterschlacht medal ($35) and a British Mk. two enfield spike ($25). It was only the eagle I was unsure about. (I knew it was period and thought it was something completely different)

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Have to think like a German, and the mount would be weaker or a softer but even if not you would have the banner where it might be structured like a female and would seat through the slot to fit and then two males, or females that would lock up against the rear plate and you would have no marks on the bird as it is not moving. You might have discoloration front and back consistent with such a mount and the banner though. Pretty cool but I think incomplete.

GI's have been known to grab the Strangest souvenirs....If it had a Swastika on it, it went home with them!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It does look incomplete, at least we narrowed it down to what it might be. (I originally thought it came off of a plaque someone looted).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast