Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Nazi Plaques/ signs/Statue

Article about: Hi, a few more items from The German History Museum this statue was one of two flanking the entrance to the Reichskranzlei from Wilhelmstrasse sorry don't know why the pics have turned aroun

Default Nazi Plaques/ signs/Statue

Hi, a few more items from The German History Museum
    Nazi Plaques/ signs/StatueNazi Plaques/ signs/StatueNazi Plaques/ signs/StatueNazi Plaques/ signs/Statue this statue was one of two flanking the entrance to the Reichskranzlei from Wilhelmstrasse Nazi Plaques/ signs/Statue sorry don't know why the pics have turned around,
    Regards SK

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi Plaques/ signs/Statue
    P
    Many

very nice signs

nice post.

Hi SilberKreuz, Nice post, Where is this museum? Is it the German History Museum in Berlin where this sign display is also?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi Plaques/ signs/Statue  

I had no idea that the statue still existed!!...This is the one representing the Armed Forces...The other statue held a torch, signifying the NSDAP...I wonder what happened to that one...Thanks for posting!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by mloppkit View Post
    Hi SilberKreuz, Nice post, Where is this museum? Is it the German History Museum in Berlin where this sign display is also?
    Hi mLoppkit,
    The German Museum is along UNTER DER LINDEN, former DDR SIDE, OR ADJACENT museum island. I really do not think your display is there, as I was taking pics of all the military items, went back to my hotel and checked out my pics. To much glass and shadows, so went back the next day and did it all over again. Overall the museum is "pretty pants" it deals with the years around 1500 to the present day. There is not a lot of TR items there. The best things are Bismarks uniforms and Wilhelm Kaisers GFM UNIFORM. Will post another day, well worth seeing.
    Regards SK

Hi Glen, in the reception of the GHM there are quite a few Nazi statues, but did not take any pics of them, they were mainly the women statues wearing Roman type clothing with angels wings, the norm you see on Nazi buildings.
    Regards SK

The German Museum is along UNTER DER LINDEN, former DDR SIDE, OR ADJACENT museum island - SilberKreuz
    . Yes, this is the same museum where these other plaques and signs and eagles are.
    The exhibition occupies two entire floors of the Zeughaus, the former armoury. On the tour through the exhibition you pass through a series of chronologically arranged historical epochs. The upper floor covers history up to the end of the First World War. The tour continues on the main floor through areas devoted to the Weimar Republic, the Nazi regime, the post-war period as well as the history of the two German states from 1949 to reunification in 1990, followed by the departure of the Allied Forces in 1994. - Permanent Exhibition description from the German History Museum Nazi Plaques/ signs/StatueNazi Plaques/ signs/StatueNazi Plaques/ signs/Statue

you have also one 88 mm flak, one MG34 many SA and SS materials, at the first floor WWI equipments.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hi SilberKreuz, I have been sent this photo of this scarce bronze Kurt Schmid-Ehmen miniature model of the Luitpold Arena Nuremberg Eagle from a display at the German History Museum as well as the other eagle photo either from there or from somewhere else- not all of the German Third Reich items are on display all of the time in the Permanent Exhibition which is why you might not have seen these at the time. They swap things around from time to time which is why it is worth going every year or so to see all the items from their amazing collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi Plaques/ signs/Statue   Nazi Plaques/ signs/Statue  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast