Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nazi war criminal Erich Priebke signed picture

Article about: 80 Euro is a ridiculous start price for a Priebke signature they are not a rare item , if you are interested in signed photos why not start with ones of Waffen SS RKT's !!

?

Default Nazi war criminal Erich Priebke signed picture

hello all,
    if this is the real deal i would be considering buying this piece. but i have my doubts.
    the discription is
    "Framed and mounted picture of Erich Priebke, Captain in the Waffen S.S. Nazi war criminal and oldest living prisoner in Europe Authentic Dedication signed by him in Rome. He was responsible for the massacre of 335 Italians on 24th March 1944. overall including frame 33cm x 27cm "

Nazi war criminal Erich Priebke signed pictureNazi war criminal Erich Priebke signed picture

cheers,
    -patrick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi war criminal Erich Priebke signed picture
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Nazi war criminal Erich Priebke signed picture

Signatures are always very difficult to verify. You need to find at least one, preferably more authentic examples to compare with. These examples also need to be from the same period as the item you are considering buying as signatures tend to change slightly over time (see the 1930's and 1940's examples of Hitler's signature for ref.)

Regards

Carl

just as a point this item is heavily faked (check ebay etc) since he died the chances of this being original is about 1million to 1 but wait for more experienced people to come forth
    another valid point is that in 2011 do you really think a 97 year old man is going to sign a piece of paper on the way to and from court

tom

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    just as a point this item is heavily faked (check ebay etc) since he died the chances of this being original is about 1million to 1 but wait for more experienced people to come forth
    another valid point is that in 2011 do you really think a 97 year old man is going to sign a piece of paper on the way to and from court

tom
    I didint think so either. I will save my money.

In addition to the valid points that have been stated above, allow me to point out that "2/3. 2011" with the slash between the day and month is not a normal German way of writing a date. (It would be "2.3.2011" or "02.03.2011".)

I have exchanged letters with many German veterans and Priebke is one of them. Between letters and Christmas cards I have at least a dozen examples of his signature and handwriting over the last 4 or 5 years, some in German and some in English. His english is very good. Better than my German. He spent some time in the USA. That is his signature and handwriting. HPL2008 is correct about the normal German date format, but that is exactly how Priebke writes the date on his letters, with a slash between the month and day instead of a period. That being said, there is, as you know, no way to verify authenticity from an internet image but it looks like that was cut from a letter that is typical of those he sends out. It could also be a photocopy of an original. I'll upload a couple of images when I get a chance. I am not aware of him passing away and I don't think he did. I haven't heard from him for some time because I have been too busy to follow up. Even at his age he is sharp as a tack and very active. He writes to people all over the world.
    Last edited by 2shelbys; 09-23-2011 at 05:47 AM.

Pamela Denise Anderson ?

((Italian Communists were responsible!))

Deathlist 2011 has Priebke listed as deceased. They do not list a date, which makes me question the validity of the info. However, I have never known them to err in the past.

Jay

?

it would be an interesting item in any collection but I played it safe and someone else bought is.

cheers,
    -Patrick

?

actully I am wrong, it hasent been sold and it will show up at the next auction, at 80euro start bid.
    do you think I should put a bid in? I will inspect it before the auction, anything you want me to check out to help confirm its authenticity.

regards
    Pat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast