Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nazi war criminal Erich Priebke signed picture

Article about: 80 Euro is a ridiculous start price for a Priebke signature they are not a rare item , if you are interested in signed photos why not start with ones of Waffen SS RKT's !!

?

Default Re: Nazi war criminal Erich Priebke signed picture

80 Euro is a ridiculous start price for a Priebke signature they are not a rare item , if you are interested in signed photos why not start with ones of Waffen SS RKT's !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi war criminal Erich Priebke signed picture
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    80 Euro is a ridiculous start price for a Priebke signature they are not a rare item , if you are interested in signed photos why not start with ones of Waffen SS RKT's !!
    It's a good point Patrick, you can find signed photos of RKTs from any branch of service quite easily and I know I would prefer one of those to a war criminal any day.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

you are right, it is a ridiculous price but I didint know if it was rare or not. I am learning as I go along

cheers
    pat

?

Patrick collecting signed pre or post war photos and / or documents is an area of collecting in it's own right and unfortunatley fakers also have involved themselves particulary with documents and rare or personality signatures !!

Preibke although a prisoner for many years has signed many photos etc , he didn't have a lot else to do !¬! If you are interested in signed photos a good place to start are ones of RKT's there are plenty available for all arms of the Wehrmacht and Waffen SS,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Jay, they have him listed as dying in 0001, which I take to mean 2001. The posts in the related thread about him dying, many of which say "years earlier", are all from 2008. I got a Christmas card and three letters from him in 2009. They were indeed wrong about him back then and as far as I can find, there is no mention anywhere else about him dying. We'll soon see. I sent him a letter this week.

Absolutely. Priebke is not a rare signature because he writes to a lot of people. 80€ is way too high. I also like the suggestion of starting with Waffen SS RKT's (or any RKT's). That is my area of interest and there a lot readily available from reputable sources. I have gotten a lot by corresponding with veterans and I have also gotten a lot from other collectors and dealers. I actually got in touch with Priebke through another veteran. I spent years writing back and forth with Helmut Grob,the President of the 7. SS Division "Prinz Eugen" Kameradschaft. We had discussed Priebke and how he was essentially railroaded into imprisonment after being tried for the same incident for a third time because a bunch of Italian communists were threatening violence after he was released for a second time. Helmut was a good friend of Priebke and mentioned our conversation to him and Priebke actually wrote to me about it. We have been writing back and forth ever since, although as I said earlier, I have not done much writing for a couple of years due to other obligations.

According to the one web source that could be found that actually Names the exact date, apparently Erich Priebke died on Apr 19, 2011. Whether the word of a zit covered pudgy faced Nazi lover with disheveled greasy hair who was announcing this can be believed is anyone's guess. He must have heard it from Somewhere,though-as he didn't look intelligent enough to have made up such a thing. He couldn't even pronounce his name. But, the sad fact is, whenever anyone of note Dies, their autographs immediately shoot up in value. Sometimes temporarily-sometimes not. Does this make Priebke's sig worth 80 Euros? Who knows...? I guess that's the 80 Euro Question... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

delboy1989
    ?

Hello,
    This is my first post here.
    I would just like to say that of course Mr Priebke is still alive!! Him and I write to each other regularly and have spoken on the phone. We did arrange to meet together in Rome only last month, but we could not agree on a date when I was in Italy. I got a letter back from him only last week.
    The signature in question certainly looks genuine to me, but who knows for sure.
    Kind regards,
    Tom.

Yes, as Tom said, Herr Priebke is alive and well. I just received a rather prompt reply to the letter I recently sent. He says his memory is starting to give him some trouble but we should all be so lucky as to be 98 years old before our memory begins to suffer. He signed a photo I sent but the letter must have gotten moist on the way here because the photo was stuck to the back of the letter and some of the ink transferred over to the letter. The signature is nice and clear though. Oh well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2