Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help on the Adolf Hitler glassware

Article about: Hi all, Happy 2014~ I have acquired the collectors guide to "Liberated Adolf Hitler Memorabilia" by Mark D. Griffith, M.D. It came to my attenation that the enclosed pictures of AH

?

Default Need help on the Adolf Hitler glassware

Hi all, Happy 2014~

I have acquired the collectors guide to "Liberated Adolf Hitler Memorabilia" by Mark D. Griffith, M.D.
    It came to my attenation that the enclosed pictures of AH crystal glassware are not in the collectors' guide book.
    Does that mean those are the fantasy piece? Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.......
    Thank you..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help on the Adolf Hitler glassware   Need help on the Adolf Hitler glassware  

Need help on the Adolf Hitler glassware   Need help on the Adolf Hitler glassware  

Need help on the Adolf Hitler glassware   Need help on the Adolf Hitler glassware  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help on the Adolf Hitler glassware
    P
    Many

I do not know too much on this matter but I think there would have been crystal to match the silverware. The eagle is not the same as the formal pattern but that doesn't prove anything. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will post.

It looks cheezy in my opinion...like a cheap stencilled eagle. I would expect drop dead elegance and superb quality for items like this. Is there a vendor selling these?......looks like a 'Germania International' offering.

The tumblers aren't even cut crystal glass, they're molded; wine glasses are probably the same; it's like the stuff you get free with 40 quids worth of petrol/diesel. The monogram appears to be a crappy transfer applied that just screams cheap fake to me. Below is a set of crystal that is ALLEGED to have been taken from the Reichskanzlei after the war ended. It was sold at auction for just under $13,000 fairly recently. Whether it's the real deal or not, these are more of the quality hand cut lead crystal glass i'd expect the Fuhrer to have wet his whistle with rather than the poor quality glassware that's been posted here.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

the gold eagle looks slopy for A.H.

You do not buy etched glass without provenance, there are a ton of these out there.

?

Thank you all for the precious lesson and professional opinions...

?

The glasses are not from Germania International. I also found someone else is selling the same item on legacy-collectibles.com. Hitler's Water Glasses - Souvenirs - War Souvenirs | Legacy Collectibles
    The crystal glasses were heavy and the texture is not cheap from my perspective. Even the water glasses come with veteran's paper could be bogus? Agains thanks for the opinions....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help on the Adolf Hitler glassware  
    Attached Images Attached Images Need help on the Adolf Hitler glassware  Need help on the Adolf Hitler glassware 

?

More likely Adlon Hotel IMO.

The paperwork is a photocopy and appears to be redacted for some odd reason. It means nothing and is worth nothing. I repeat my stated opinions on the glassware, it's nothing special by a long chalk, but if you like it, good luck to ya.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast