Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need Help Identifying Gold and Semi Precious Stones WWII German penant

Article about: This one could be German, judging by the tilt in the Swastika...but as mentioned above, the Swastika was a popular adornment prior to it's association with Nazism... cheers, Glenn

Default Re: Need Help Identifying Gold and Semi Precious Stones WWII German penant

This one could be German, judging by the tilt in the Swastika...but as mentioned above, the Swastika was a popular adornment prior to it's association with Nazism...
    cheers, Glenn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help Identifying Gold and Semi Precious Stones WWII German penant
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need Help Identifying Gold and Semi Precious Stones WWII German penant

If I were to guess... I'd say this piece was produced by a jeweler trying to capitalize on the zeitgeist of early Nazism.

Those newsreels of crowds of young girls screaming for and fainting over Hitler come to mind...
    Need Help Identifying Gold and Semi Precious Stones WWII German penant

Justin Bieber eat your heart out...

This is a certainly a possibility. Just to further my suggestion that it is a non Third Reich item, I found this silver charm in a google search, hallmarked Birmingham England, 1916 and therefore nothing to do with Nazis. I take the point that the tilt of the swastika is not the same as the article under discussion, but I think it is relevant to my point none the less.
    Attached Images Attached Images Need Help Identifying Gold and Semi Precious Stones WWII German penant 

And heres one dated 1911, with the same tilt as the Third Reich Items. Obviously these items are not identical to the one under discussion, but they do prove that there is no special reason for beleiving it to be of the Third Reich period on the basis of the shape or tilt of the swastika.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help Identifying Gold and Semi Precious Stones WWII German penant  

The tilt of the Swastika is correct for the Third Reich- again this was in his ditty bag with some very "been there" pieces, the Luger, patches, German uniform pieces, and there was even period "live" ammo for a Walther P38- no gun sadly, plus period Nazi coins.

Since I bought it (yes- all items have found new homes since) I'm fairly certain that he kept it there because it was part of his WWII spoils.

This is the last bit I held onto since it was not like anything I've seen before.

I have to believe it's WWII German- civilian or not I'm just not sure.

I had spoken to a few of my collector connections- still no leads on this piece. The mystery continues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2