Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with weird Kriegsmarine tile. Any ideas?

Article about: Hey everyone. I bought this at the Max Show. I usually don't do this and stick with what I know but I just couldn't help myself. It's a tile. Made by Villeroy & Boch. Has anyone ever see

Default Need help with weird Kriegsmarine tile. Any ideas?

Hey everyone. I bought this at the Max Show. I usually don't do this and stick with what I know but I just couldn't help myself.
    It's a tile. Made by Villeroy & Boch. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? I would appreciate any input and help you guys can give me.
    Thank you.

Luke

Need help with weird Kriegsmarine tile. Any ideas?Need help with weird Kriegsmarine tile. Any ideas?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with weird Kriegsmarine tile. Any ideas?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need help with weird Kriegsmarine tile. Any ideas?

Never seen anything like this before but i dint know if you already know but Villeroy & Boch where the tile manufacturers used on the Titanic also they are suppliers of bathroom ceramics as in WC baths etc and are very very expensive when i fit them i do ever so carefully as the wc usally can cost over £1000 (sorry i cant help on the kreigsmarine stuff though)
    hope it helps a little
    cheers Ronnie

Thank you, Ronnie. I'm grateful for the info.

Luke

?

It's a Christmas commemorative tile for the 'ship originating dept' 1941 in Holland.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks, Adrian. Have you seen these before? Was a commemorative tile a common thing? I had never seen one and took a chance hoping it was real.

Luke

?

I've seen a few different types of tile before and I don't think they're exactly common but can be found reasonably easily if you look in the right places. My knowledge on the TR ceramics industry is zero so I can't tell you much about it but I do quite like it.

It would seem a wierd thing to fake so my hunch is that it's an original piece. If these things are being faked on a large scale you would expect them to be covered in SS runes and dedicated to the LAH or Totenkopf etc for victories in battle, not some non glamorous dept for Christmas in Holland. (No disrespect to any Dutch members.).

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Luke, looks fine to me.

Christmas gifts were not unknown, things like beer mugs, plates, etc, especially during the early part of the war. I just see this title as a extention of this.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello, Ade. Thanks so much for the vote of confidence! I had a good feeling about it and I'm glad I picked it up.

Luke