Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Member-First post! SS dinnerware and cigarette case

Article about: Hi everyone, I just joined the other day. Looks like a great place, with lots of information and knowledgeable, helpful members. I am a collector of a variety of antiques (music players, mus

?

Default New Member-First post! SS dinnerware and cigarette case

Hi everyone,

I just joined the other day. Looks like a great place, with lots of information and knowledgeable, helpful members.

I am a collector of a variety of antiques (music players, musical instruments, fossils, bones and teeth, some autographs, and...as of about 4 years ago, militaria.

When it involves militaria, I enjoy collecting WWI, WWII, US Civil war, and Post US civil war ('Indian wars') era.

As my first post, I decided to share a few pics of my only German SS related items. Everyone has their interests, and SS related artifacts just happens to not be one of mine. I will acquire it, but do not 'hunt' for it

Here are some dinnerware (they are obviously not made by the same maker, nor were meant to be a 'set'.)

Maker marks on back. I did my best to get the markings, I apologize for the lack of detail I was able to capture in the pics:

And a cigarette case:
    (this engraving is on the inside, I do not believe it is a maker's mark, but an owner's initials. The more knowledgeable can correct me if need be)

I welcome any comments about the items, and thanks for allowing me to become a member of the forum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Member-First post! SS dinnerware and cigarette case  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Member-First post! SS dinnerware and cigarette case
    P
    Many

Thread will be moved to Arts and Exotica forum..as these items are not SS Uniform or accoutrement related.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Welcome to the Forum Como! You have picked the best Forum out there to be with! Great members. Top Shelf!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Thanks for the welcome!

And, my apologies to the moderators to the misplacement of my post. The wrong thread forum is not a very good place for one's first post.

Looking forward to sharing and learning from the group!

?

Welcome to the Forum..The cigarette case looks to be "Alpacca" or coin silver.. Examine the piece by the catch to see if it marked as such.. I personally am not fond of the engraving on the lot..
    Again Welcome...G

Sorry,

and without hard evidence to support it, but all are probably old items that have been enhanced with added fake SS badges to increase the value.

Obviously this is only an opinion.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I agree with Jerry!....

it seems strange that all 3 items carry the identical badge on unrelated items.not good imo.

I would concur with Jerry.

Welcome to the forum though!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Welcome to the Forum...Three completely unrelated items with the same -peculiar- Runic design all in one location...That's not an encouraging sign...I suspect someone was practicing his skills on different items to see which would sell best...just my opinion...but we see such embellishments on a regular basis...
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast