Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New Member-First post! SS dinnerware and cigarette case

Article about: Hi everyone, I just joined the other day. Looks like a great place, with lots of information and knowledgeable, helpful members. I am a collector of a variety of antiques (music players, mus

?

Hi Como,

The SS cigarette case market was flooded years ago by many fakes out of Russia and Poland I believe. Not an expert on the flatware or cases so I am not able to opine with any wisdom. I saw the piece below with a similar SS button / rune as yours for sale for $125.00 awhile back. Not sure if it ever sold. Been collecting for 30 years and one area I have stayed clear from is SS Cigarette items. Himmler was a stickler and the SS had stringent guidelines on what went where and on what. That is about all I can add other than the group here is in this with you for all the right reasons and to help. Thanks for showing them and again glad you have joined the Forum. Look forward to seeing other items you have in your collection as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Member-First post! SS dinnerware and cigarette case  
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Member-First post! SS dinnerware and cigarette case
    P
    Many

?

Como-Welcome to the forum -Sorry to say that the members above are right about the items "bad".

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Thanks so much, Glen, and all that have taken the time to look at my pic's and give their opinions on their authenticity! I appreciate your honesty on your opinions.

I understand that after up to 70 years, it is difficult to determine the authenticity of these items, especially items of the WWII era German 'SS' variety (which tend to bring a higher collectible value, therefore are more frequently presented with less honesty for an increased value).

"Everything is worth exactly as much as someone is willing to pay for it". I am a collector of other collectible groups such as musical, and fossil/bone related objects. I collect them simply for the interest in UNIQUE objects. Not for an 'investment' quality. You wil NEVER notice me venturing into this topic.

I thought I would share my one, and only, other SS related German WWII object. Like the others, I simply share it as a member of this online community, and not to sell it, or get some kind of an anonymous appraisal.

It appears to be a Silver SS indicator pin for a suit or non-combat purpose. Like my earlier items in this thread, it's weight is substantial, which indicates that the Silver rating in the piece could be accurate. I have never had it 'checked out' by a trustworthy source as to the Silver quality.

Irregardless, here I share some pic's of the 'pin(?)'. It is what it appears to be in the pics. As i have stated earlier, it is UNUSUAL for me to acquire any German WWII 'SS' related items (for obvious and not obvious reasons), but here is my only other one in my collection of unique objects in my home. I choose not to display some objects, over others, for personal reasons. So this one tends to not get looked at much.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I am curious as to any comments from other members on this particular piece.

Thanks so much for your opinions on my first pieces that I have shared, and I look forward to future conversations and information that I can absorb from my membership in the future.

With best regards,
    Craig

Your Brooch has the same particular Runic design as all the other otherwise unassociated items...Here is a photo of the only official SS-Brosche/Brooch for Female SS Auxiliaries, as seen in the Niemann Guide..."Helfen"=Helping
    Apologies for the poor quality photo....
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images New Member-First post! SS dinnerware and cigarette case 

?

I ve got teaspoons with the same SS embossed marking,,fake as they can be sadly

New Member-First post! SS dinnerware and cigarette caseNew Member-First post! SS dinnerware and cigarette caseNew Member-First post! SS dinnerware and cigarette case
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2