Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

NSDAP Christmas Ornaments. ???

Article about: I have only ever seen a set like this 2 or 3 times before. something that was a faked item early on? or could possibly be real?

Default Re: NSDAP CHristmas orniments. ???

I also remember seeing a period photograph of a Christmas tree decorated with apparently very similar ornaments. Nice to see a set actually still in the box. Were these for sale somewhere or do you own this set?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Christmas Ornaments.  ???
    P
    Many

I love them!

I tried to buy a set like this a few years back but was late to the party!

Lucky you!
    Chrys

Looks good to me i have recently bought a set my self but silver collors but these red ones i like even more!

These you don't find evry day for sale picked the one i have up at an antiek dealer over here.

Before i didn't know this existed. But nice ones!

Wagriff, sorry for the extremely delayed response, I lost the thread, Yes the set in the pictures are in my collection, Since this thread I have found pictures and comments of a few other sets with round shaped balls, and some similar to the ones in my set, but have yet to find one with a tree topper ornament like this set has.

?

Tis the season - these type of items were available during the III Reich and pop-up around this time of the year - from the pictures these look to be period.
    Nice find
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

I agree, most certainly has the correct period "look". I would say this is not even an item you'd think a faker would create, but than again after some of the bs fantasy items I've seen, I wouldn't put anything past them.

I remember decorations similar to these (without swastika)when i was a kid, my mum had a box of family decorations from the 30s/40s even the boxes were the similar to the one shown. Would fakers go to the trouble of replicating these unless they had the original mold? but there again!....

Lazer4856: I'm pretty sure that your TR Christmas ornaments are genuine. I did some poking around on the web and found a lot of information on how the Nazis handled Christmas during their twelve year reign. Here are a couple of photos that I found, one of which is identical to your set.

NSDAP Christmas Ornaments.  ???NSDAP Christmas Ornaments.  ???

The top photo is from a British online newspaper, Mail Online and they credit the photo to the NS Documentation Zentrum. The lower photo is from a site called, "WWII in Color" and there is no attribution for the photo. Dwight

Wow nothing else better to get you in the Christmas spirit than ornaments with the nazi party symbol on the

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast