Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nsdap cufflinks original?

Article about: by odal Sorry, althoug bad craftmanship for me without doubt period ones. Here a example of sure period ones on the original cardboard, made in Pforzheim, about 70 km from my home: Even thes

Quote by odal View Post
    Sorry, althoug bad craftmanship for me without doubt period ones.

Here a example of sure period ones on the original cardboard, made in Pforzheim, about 70 km from my home:
    Even these two look more uniform in appearance than the two originally posted. As I said, I don't know anything about these things, I'm just posting my observations. I wonder if Jo Rivett has seen these before, maybe he'll comment.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nsdap cufflinks original?
    P
    Many

ALL the cuff links shown on this thread so far are fake, including Odals. Odals cuff links come from a recent stash that was brought back from Eastern Europe around 2009, and sold first on Militaria Company, then Hood.de and MILI321. I know they were given the thumbs up by people on WAF but that does not make them real though. I warned against this in 2009, and exposed the people who first sold them as "Real, from a recent hoard find in Pforzheim" and was instantly booted of the German forum that i had been a MOD on for years because of it. The innitial sales prices were around €40.- (I have all the old screen grabs from that year :-) then months later they trickled onto other sites for 50,60,100 euros.. and are now found on dealers sites for hundreds!!! (My Militaria for example)

Offical NSDAP badges made as cuff links are very rare to find, but do exist. Kai Winkler has a pair now for i think 500 USD, (i know they have a lot of crap, but the cuffs they have are real) i have a few in my collection and have also sold a few. I have a few period advertisements showing a maker offering NSDAP cuff links. In my book i also covered these, as well as mentioned the 2009 Pforzheim hoard find.

Genuine NSDAP badge cuff links look like.. well, genuine NSDAP membership badges (The only differences will be the various fittings on the back, because there are a few known)
    Nsdap cufflinks original?Nsdap cufflinks original?

Genuine Sympathy cuff links are known as well, in many different sizes, with opaque or translucent enamels etc..

Here are a few extra examples, the ones from House of History, real for sure but expensive. (over 500USD) and a set with "popper" attachments (mine) as well as two sympathy sets (mine), first in tin/paper/celluloid with basic cuff link attachments, next in translucent red with clip cuff link attachments.(mine)

The attachments will change, BUT, with these, the badge stays the same, after all, they were normal NSDAP sympathy or membership badges, with the only difference being the attachment. None of this PLATIN nonsense ! This hoard nonsense shakes head and grumbles...

To spot a set of original cuff links is very easy, to spot a fake is also very easy :-)
    Nsdap cufflinks original?

?

Sorry Jo, but there are different opinions in the case of this kind of cufflinks.
    If you want discuss with me about, please in german, my old school-english isn`t good enaugh for here.
    Please contact me via pm.
    Thanks!

PS: G too hadn`t any doubt in this onesNsdap cufflinks original?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know where they came from mate, and when, and i included all i said in a new book about NSDAP badges. A book about these badges, not all kinds of badges, just these). I also dont need to go over old ground (for me it is anyway since the end of 2008) with these with anybody, especially not someone who owns a pair and wants them to be genuine.
    Odal, opinions may well differ on these as you say, i am not open to opinions on these though, because they simply are, what they are, in their recent history, their composition and everything about them. It does not matter who likes them or not, they are what they are, and you wont be able to change that. No opinions are necessary. Once you get acquainted with the NSDAP membership badge in general, they scream fake to you mate, even if you have only been collecting 2 months.

well here is all poor old me has! for the moment!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nsdap cufflinks original?   Nsdap cufflinks original?  

On top of a Mein Kampf no less :-)

The OP set is nothing that I would have in my collection. The quality is, to say the least, shockingly awful. Now the single that HJ-C posted....now That one I could be talked into accepting!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    .... None of this PLATIN nonsense !.....
    "PLATININ", not "PLATIN".

For sure no nonsense.
    "Platinin" and "Goldin" too, were to this time very usual and common alloys for making cheap jewelry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ive got some FM cufflinks going real cheap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2