Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSFK item real or fake?

Article about: Hello, Here's an item I've had for quite a long time. I am pretty sure it is a repro but like to hear others opinions regarding it. It was originally silver colored but over the years as you

?

Default NSFK item real or fake?

Hello,
    Here's an item I've had for quite a long time. I am pretty sure it is a repro but like to hear others opinions regarding it. It was originally silver colored but over the years as you can see has become gray colored more or less. Again any comments are appreciated.

NSFK item real or fake?NSFK item real or fake?

thanks
    Duzig(Bill)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSFK item real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: NSFK item real or fake?

Bill - from the pictures it looks pretty good - what material is it made of??

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Hello,
    Horst thanks for your reply. I really am not sure what material it is made of. It is pretty heavy about 5.8 ounces. Perhaps zinc? The finish on zinc items fades in time doesn't it? There are no markings on the edges or anything either. At one point in time you could clearly see a swastica on the tail of the plane, now it's quite hard to distinguish. thanks again
    Bill

?

What's the diameter Bill? I can't see anything wrong with it, an NSFK Glider table medallion for Group 9 located in Weser-Elbe.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hello again,
    Adrian the diameter is 3 and 1/4 inches and it is 3/16 inches thick. It would be nice if this turns out to be a good piece. I've had it sitting around for years and never inquired much about it. Thanks for the link also!
    Bill

?

Attachment 365516Duzig, here is a picture of one I have in my collection it has the date 18-20 Mai 1939 under the glider. Do you have the case and award document with yours?

?

Hello,
    Mike thanks for posting a picture of yours. I knew I had seen another like mine but wasn't sure which forum I saw it on. Mine does not have a date on it and neither do I have a case or the award document. As I mentioned above all the silver on mine has pretty much disappeared and not it is grayish in color. Does the icarus figure on mine look like yours? From what I can see mine does look like yours otherwise. Do you think mine is original also or bogus? Is yours silver or bronze? Looks bronze from the picture. Thanks again for your comments and any other info or comments are welcome.
    Bill