Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Nude Art Deco dancing girl. Josef Lorenzl?

Article about: I have this little figurine that has been in my family as long as I can remember, and I wonder if anyone has seen something like it before. It is about 8 or 9 inches tall, on a machined alum

Default Nude Art Deco dancing girl. Josef Lorenzl?

I have this little figurine that has been in my family as long as I can remember, and I wonder if anyone has seen something like it before. It is about 8 or 9 inches tall, on a machined aluminium base which I am unsure if it is the original one or not. I spent the morning googling 'art deco bronze dancing girl', and found work by a man called Josef Lorenzl that looks to be the same. I'll add a couple of pics of a piece I found by him alongside my photos. Sorry the pics are poor, I was looking for my good camera but I've just moved house and I have no idea where it is..... working with a blackberry camera again

I think she is great, and I'll use her for display with some TR items once I get my new office organised

The one I found online.

Nude Art Deco dancing girl. Josef Lorenzl?Nude Art Deco dancing girl. Josef Lorenzl?

My figure.

Nude Art Deco dancing girl. Josef Lorenzl?Nude Art Deco dancing girl. Josef Lorenzl?Nude Art Deco dancing girl. Josef Lorenzl?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nude Art Deco dancing girl. Josef Lorenzl?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nude Art Deco dancing girl. Josef Lorenzl?

KtradSpam: Josef Lorenzl, 1892-1950 was a Austrian artist during the height of the Art Deco period, 1925-40. He is famous for his nude, female dancer sculpturs. We worked primarily in bronze, but also produced pieces in chryselephantine, a gold/ivory medium. I have never seen or heard of any of his work being done in aluminum, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Though he was in Austria during the NS period, I have not read anything about any sort of nazi involvement and I don't know how the Nazis received his work. Here are three examples of his work that are similar to yours. Dwight

Nude Art Deco dancing girl. Josef Lorenzl?Nude Art Deco dancing girl. Josef Lorenzl?Nude Art Deco dancing girl. Josef Lorenzl?

Kradspam, I believe yours may be a copy. There are significant details
    in the hands and face that do not match the other works.........
    Regards,

Steve.

KradSpam: I forgot to add, all of his work is signed Lorenzl in the bronze foot base as in this photo:

Dwight

Im sorry to admit this, but the only reason I came here was because of the word nude girl, I hang my head in shame...lol

Thanks for the input chaps, I can't find any signature on it, and can't find anything exactly matching her pose so it so I would also conclude it was by a contemporary artist emulating Lorenzl's style, possibly mass produced. I'm still very fond of her, and she will compliment the right display nicely I think

Shame on you Max

I do agree with Steve , but didn't dare to put that way (knowing your birthday was coming up...!)
    No honestly, it seems to be a replica to me as well, like Steve stated!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I do agree with Steve , but didn't dare to put that way (knowing your birthday was coming up...!)
    No honestly, it seems to be a replica to me as well, like Steve stated!
    |<
    Don't worry about that mate I've got thick skin It wouldn't make any difference if it was original and worth a fortune, or a replica and worth a tenner, I like it because it's a nice elegant little thing and I grew up with it in my Gran's cabinet

I didn't live in my Gran's display cabinet, that is. Just pre-empting any funny bugger catching me out on that one.

I'm looking at you Ned .

I think she's spin bowling...

Found a similar one up for auction this week along with a few others 'in the manner of', it's not a Lorenzi as the base plate fixing isn't his style, nice piece all the same. Estimate £30-40

Rise & ReverberateGib mir wieder etwas Schönes