Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Nurnberg Stadt der Reichsparteitage

Article about: by Jo Rivett I am talking about the tea cup. Not the box with the correct advertising slogan, the cup. I also dont believe "this topic" has ever been covered before either. There i

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    I am talking about the tea cup. Not the box with the correct advertising slogan, the cup.

I also dont believe "this topic" has ever been covered before either. There is another item with the wording REICHS PARTEITAG NÜRNBERG that has been shown, discussed, quote: debunked before...where?
    Jo,

The topic of grammar has over the years on everything from blades to dedications in arguments pertaining to originality. This is just one example where again we have the question on grammar. I don't claim to have the answer to why things are or were done in certain ways with language, but you do run into it and the first thing you really have to look at is the piece(s) themselves and back in. I can make a mistake I would imagine but if I cant tell that a piece of porcelain is dolled up then you have a really, really, good fake. If I were to apply criteria to this rather low end cup and saucer that I apply in general for something that looks like this and come up as original then we would really be in deep crap, but were not. Its done right from the photos and faking it would be more work than its worth. I am just not seeing it here.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nurnberg Stadt der Reichsparteitage
    P
    Many

Well the cup is definitely from the period, no doubting that, the mark was registered in 1932. It just seems weird. Maybe it is true that nobody cared what the product looked like or was, or any grammatical errors. Or if it made any sense at all.

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    Well the cup is definitely from the period, no doubting that, the mark was registered in 1932. It just seems weird. Maybe it is true that nobody cared what the product looked like or was, or any grammatical errors. Or if it made any sense at all.
    Jo,

I did not even bother to look the mark up and assumed it was going to be period but you saved me the trouble as I know I would be at the book case tonight looking for it. The kitsch items such as this can be tricky but in reality your talking about little money and having to do an embellishment properly, not so easy but I guess easier here. Sometimes its best not to look to hard at some of these pieces really and I see all kinds of funky threads where guys go at them with different criteria that does not even apply. Their neat and their inexpensive kitsch pieces and plenty of fakes out there, this one I would pick up and handle or even offer without worry, the grammar would have to be way out of whack and in most cases even the Germans with it being their native language cant agree on an issue such as this.

?

Glad that after all the discussion we have determined that the cup/saucer is period ,my thoughts from the very beginning.
    As to the grammatical errors(for no better wordage) heres one that also falls into this area , the Nuernberg party day Badge of 1929- at the bottom of the badge we see two words "PARTEI TAG" also a grammatical error and no "-" , should be one word"Parteitag"- I would suspect that if we searched we could come up with lots more.

Guess this is what the hobby/forum is all about -

Horst

Nurnberg Stadt der Reichsparteitage
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

i don`t see any problem in the word "Parteitag" - in singular. This was common and x period souvenirs, postcards ...... and, and, and...exist. Sometimes too with the year of the Parteitag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote by odal View Post
    i don`t see any problem in the word "Parteitag" - in singular. This was common and x period souvenirs...
    Odal, if collectors are used to seeing grammatical errors on these Nürnberg items, and accept them as genuine, then so be it. Whichever way you dissect it, REICHS PARTEITAG NÜRNBERG, is not correct. It is also not we usually see on these items. (not paper, porcelain, trinkets, funnels etc etc.. )

There are always exceptions though, even on genuine badges there are known spelling errors, as well as missing hyphens. We all know though that fakers also make cock-ups like this, hence my questioning the incorrect slogan.

?

In my opinion, it's genuine. It looks to me like a cheap souvenir, teacups and other porcelain being a popular medium at the time. I've never handled any Reichsparteitag porcelain, but I've bought and sold countless other old porcelain souvenir items, and I would buy and sell this one without question if I came upon it. The quality of the transfer doesn't bother me at all; it's very common for these to be poorly made, because they were just cheap souvenirs. Everything about it, in my opinion, matches with what a period item would look like.

?

Thought this topic was put to bed? - Must say that in my 50+ years of collecting this is the only Demi cup/saucer with the Party day motive that I have come across, guess it wasent a hot seller??
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Quote by Horst View Post
    Thought this topic was put to bed? - Must say that in my 50+ years of collecting this is the only Demi cup/saucer with the Party day motive that I have come across, guess it wasent a hot seller??
    Horst
    I'm thinking that is really early, only one I have seen that I recall.

Quote by Horst View Post
    Thought this topic was put to bed?
    The black Sheep does not sleep !

In fact with your comment, and Kris`s, it is actually starting to explain itself now, in a positive way.
    This part: (from Wiki) Mit dem Ausbau des Parteitagsgeländes 1935 erhielt Nürnberg den Beinamen Stadt der Reichsparteitage, mit dem auch symbolhaft der Machtanspruch der Partei dargestellt werden sollte.... as well as knowing that the makers mark on the cup dates to 1932.
    If we think Reichsparteitag 1933 or 1934, BEFORE the phrase Stadt der Reichsparteitage then it makes sense.

Sometimes needling on about something brings results!
    So a nice and definitely early RPT cup then, with all it`s blemishes and impurities!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast