Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Opinion on some WMF SS marked teaspoons

Article about: I just wanted to point out that my fork is the exact same design as the original eagle over M marked spoon . Unless Jerry B spoon is a fake also . And I'd also like to mention a member wante

CBH
    ?

Default Re: Opinion on some WMF SS marked teaspoons

I just wanted to point out that my fork is the exact same design as the original eagle over M marked spoon . Unless Jerry B spoon is a fake also . And I'd also like to mention a member wanted to purchase said items from me . From what I've seen of TR items , they put eagles and swastikas on just about every thing . So i believe the SS would do the same .
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on some WMF SS marked teaspoons
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinion on some WMF SS marked teaspoons

I believe what they are talk about CBH is the sizing and placement of the Sig Runes.

I'm afraid this one's dead in the water. The piece you are showing is WMF's Modell 3700, sometimes called, "Darling," but usually known by its Modell number. This pattern was designed for WMF by Kurt Mayer in 1952 and was in production until 1973.

On a similar note, I want to warn others that Snyder's Treasures is showing a table setting of another WMF pattern as having belonged to Adolph Hitler:
    Adolf Hitler Flatware

It's the item labeled AHRC-001 under the heading "Outline Curved Top Entwined." This setting is of WMF Modell 5000, called "Zürich." It, too, was designed by Kurt Mayer, in this case in 1959, and was in production from 1960 onwards. I don't have a discontinued date, but it was popular for a long time in solid silver, silverplate, and Cromargan (their trademarked brand of stainless steel). Please note, also, that 1) these pieces are in astonishing condition for their age and 2) their "style" is mid-century modern, not Art Deco.

Excellent information there Diana!

Default Opinion on some WMF SS marked teaspoons

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Excellent information there Diana!
    Glad to help. There aren't many ways I can be much use here, except occasionally with tableware, but I'll try to contribute when I can.

I am fascinated with WWII. I was a child when my Dad served in the U.S. Army in the European Theater, so it was very real to me. He brought home some things that it's now time for me to part with as I scale down to move into a retirement community. Hard to believe how long ago it now seems.

A shame you have to part with your dad's things but you can be assured that here there are plenty of people who will treasure those items and give them the respect they deserve should you choose to sell them in our classifieds.

Well, I'll be comforted to know that there are people here who will really appreciate them.

can you please make new pic of spoon?

3 year old thread Sturmtrupp...

I know, but now i want to find same type of soup spoon ss reich. so i wanted to see some more detailes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast