Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this small Hitler bust.

Article about: Good evening gents, Opinions please on this small Adolf Hitler Bust. I have a photograph (somewhere!) of a collection of Hitler busts on display at a museum in Berlin and this looks very sim

?

Default Opinions on this small Hitler bust.

Good evening gents,

Opinions please on this small Adolf Hitler Bust. I have a photograph (somewhere!) of a collection of Hitler busts on display at a museum in Berlin and this looks very similar to me, apart from the addition of the marble base at some stage. There don't appear to be any marks present and the small plate on the front is not engraved. I believe that it stands a chance anyway.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on this small Hitler bust.   Opinions on this small Hitler bust.  

Opinions on this small Hitler bust.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this small Hitler bust.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Opinions on this small Hitler bust.

Any thoughts...?

IMHO, the detail is not there for this type of casting. A period artist would have included more detail in the face and hair. Also the bubble marks on the neck and base would have been ground off or repaired. It looks good from a distance, but no so good up close. I've certainly been fooled by cast stuff before so I'm just giving my opinion, since no one else has responded.

Jay

Hi, there so many of these around, i agree with jay, lacks detail.
    I dont think its period.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Thanks guys, I appreciate your comments.

Regards,

Carl

These do not have to be very detailed and what an artist will do with a subject is for the most part subjective so this you can toss out most times. The base looks wrong as do the fasteners for the front, it is probably fake and cast off an original which might be why all the corners or rounded. The cast is not terrific but some of these were lower cost at the time and you will see imperfections on many original busts. Having said all that, this one appears to be not for me.

?

Quote by K.Lindblom View Post
    These do not have to be very detailed and what an artist will do with a subject is for the most part subjective so this you can toss out most times. The base looks wrong as do the fasteners for the front, it is probably fake and cast off an original which might be why all the corners or rounded. The cast is not terrific but some of these were lower cost at the time and you will see imperfections on many original busts. Having said all that, this one appears to be not for me.
    Thank you for your thoughts. Even if the piece is from the Third Reich period, I am convinced that the base was added later. The example that I refered to above (from the museum in Berlin) does not have the marble base, but it does look very similar. Again, I appreciate your comments.

Regards,

Carl